Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 PM

166 posts, read 419,114 times

Advertisements

I'm going to need an extended stay suite in the Cary area for 2 to 4 weeks starting the end of this month.

I need something for two adults with two beds, or one bed and a sofa. I need a kitchen with a sink, fridge, microwave, and possibly a small cooktop. They must allow pets as I have a small dog. It would be awesome if one of the beds was in a separate room with a door that can be closed, but that's not a hard requirement.

I've looked at the places on Extended Stay Hotels but the prices start at around $50-60 a night, and go up from there. I was hoping to find something a little bit more affordable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM

34 posts, read 72,884 times
We just stayed at the Residence Inn in Morrisville, the nightly rate for stays longer than 30 days was $54/night+taxes for 1 bedroom suite...

We just spent 6 weeks and it wasn't bad... Free breakfast, free Internet... The people that work there are great and the place isn't that bad...

Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Am I out of touch or does 50-60 per day for a room with a kitchenette sound cheap already?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM

34 posts, read 72,884 times
It is pretty cheap... We have stayed in both an Extended Stay and Residence Inn...

The big attractions for the Residence Inn
1) It was a suite - had a 1 BR and a living area with kitchonette...
2) free breakfast daily
3) it's a Marriott so you get the marriott points for the stay
4) Cleanliness - we had bed bugs at the Extended Stay (YUCK)

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM

843 posts, read 2,100,988 times
You could try Priceline for a better price on a decent place...but any place under $50 will probably be a place I don't want to stay in for 4 weeks. Maybe one or two nights... That Residents Inn sounds like a great deal.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
ValuePlaceInn is the best bargain in extended stay
They have 3 in the Raleigh area

Explore low weekly rates and more at these Value Place locations.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM

398 posts, read 1,292,608 times
In late 2009, we stayed at the Residence Inn by Crabtree for a month. We had a two bedroom and paid about $100 a night. Yes, it was paid for my a relocation, but it was a great deal. Full kitchen in the suite, plus breakfast every morning downstairs and dinner four nights a week.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:17 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,940,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
ValuePlaceInn is the best bargain in extended stay
They have 3 in the Raleigh area

Explore low weekly rates and more at these Value Place locations.
The one in Wake Forest is brand new! I might stay there during my holiday visit home. Thanks for the tip!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 AM

915 posts, read 2,383,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddack View Post
It is pretty cheap... We have stayed in both an Extended Stay and Residence Inn...

The big attractions for the Residence Inn
1) It was a suite - had a 1 BR and a living area with kitchonette...
2) free breakfast daily
3) it's a Marriott so you get the marriott points for the stay
4) Cleanliness - we had bed bugs at the Extended Stay (YUCK)
Don't underestimate the value of 60 or 90 nights of stays in a Marriott property. In addition to the points, anything over 75 nights a year puts you at the Platinum Rewards level which comes with a bunch of perks as well.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM

8 posts, read 12,089 times
We lived in the Towneplace Suites in the Weston area of Cary for three months while we waited to buy and close on a house. The long-term rate for us was about $50 a day, which ended up being cheaper than our rent in Boston, when you factor in Internet and utilities, let alone housekeeping. We also had our cat with us, and my husband and I were both able to "Work from Home," as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
Don't underestimate the value of 60 or 90 nights of stays in a Marriott property. In addition to the points, anything over 75 nights a year puts you at the Platinum Rewards level which comes with a bunch of perks as well.
We signed up for Marriott Rewards before I booked our stay, and we did get to the gold level and got about four free hotel nights out of our stay. Made vacations a little cheaper, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary