Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2006, 05:37 PM

39 posts, read 85,605 times

Advertisements

Hi
i have not been there yet but we are researching before we can take a trip.. in your opinion what is the difference betweent them and which would be more kid freindly and down to earth.. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 07:26 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,909,145 times
Both are nice, but I'd choose Wake Forest. It's not as crowded and built up. It really feels like a small town.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:38 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,594,056 times
I'd have to go with Apex. Wake Forrest and Cary are both fairly bland and lack any real identity. Apex still has a sort of small town feel that's really nice, I don't know how long it will last though; the population has doubled since 2000 ( 20,000 in the year 2000 and estimated at near 40,000 now). Apex has been dubbed the "new cary", and I find that sad, because I have enjoyed living here much more than I did Cary. Wake Forest, imo, is the least "small town" town in Wake County. It's essentially an extention of North Raleigh; lots of large estates and gated communities, not a lot of people around downtown.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:05 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
I have lived in apex and now live in wake forest. They are different, both very nice though. I think apex is a little more spread out, and has a downtown area. Wake forest is in a boom right now, but also has a beautiful downtown area (with historic houses), the seminary in the middle of the downtown area, plus it just received a grant to build up the downtown area.

I like wake forest quite a bit, I never go to north raleigh because I can find what I need in wake forest. Okay, I do go to triangle town center mall, but that is not an every week event. I feel like the traffic is better in wake forest than in apex, and I do have that small town feel here. There are a number of small businesses here and people tend to get to know you as you frequent their shops.

I have been happy with our move from apex and I really don't miss that part of wake county!

Leigh

Old 10-01-2006, 05:00 AM

229 posts, read 1,054,438 times
Both communities that you are looking into are kid friendly and down to earth. This area is a wonderful area to raise a family. The big question would be where do you plan to work when you get here? What about the schools?

If you are commuting into the city, Apex might be a better bet because the road expansion on HWY 55 is just about complete and you'll be centrally located to I-540 and Research Triangle Park. Wake Forest is pretty far North of town but is a popular choice for families relocating to this area.

Schools-Most of the schools in Apex are moving to a year round schedule. This is an advantage to some and a drawback to others. Either way, we have excellent schools in Wake County(Apex, Cary) and Wake Forest.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:36 AM

Thank you for your informaiton l. my daughter is 4 years old so the schools would be an issue.. thak you.. what about Clayton?

Old 10-01-2006, 02:20 PM

ha ha, Jonhnston County; no. There is a local radio station here called G105, and the morning segment is "Bob and the showgram", featuring Bob Dumas, an ignorant redneck from Georgia, as the main personality...he is proud of his redneck heritage and even HE makes fun of Johnston County on almost a daily bases.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:15 PM

Hi
DO YO MEAN NO DON'T GO NEAR THERE...

Old 10-01-2006, 03:21 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
I would go for Apex as well, we liked the schools better and the area in general is nicer and a little more plesant to look at.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debdoyle View Post
Hi
DO YO MEAN NO DON'T GO NEAR THERE...
No, I don't go in Johnston County if I don't have to..... and I never really have to unless it's driving through on the way to the beach or something. I don't "avoid at all costs" or anything like that, I just have no reason to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary