Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM

6 posts, read 15,984 times

Advertisements

Hi to all. Love this website. I am looking to move to North Carolina also and, the only thing stopping me is my inability to find the 'correct' area to live. I share the same concerns as Lorax -please don't hurt me! . It has been suggested to "come and get a feel" but, getting a feel costs time and money and I have neither... I am looking for a home in the 300,000 bracket (No more) . Would love to be somewhere close to cary (but not too deep) would that put me at the North side of Raleigh?.. no more than a 30-40 min commute (in bad traffic) to Downtown Raleigh or the Triangle work area... (the place where there are a lot of jobs)... would also love an area with sidewalks and working families, parks, etc. ... any assistance anyone can give will be greatly appreciated...
P.S. I've noticed a couple of realestate folks on line and I'm not working w/anyone... hint, hint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM

460 posts, read 1,770,624 times
Ahhh, Bowie,MD! I went to school in Ellicott City!

The lack of sidewalks in this region makes me CRAZY.

One thing I look for in a neighborhood is either sidewalks or VERY close proximity to walking trails. That quickly narrowed my choices to a few Durham neighborhoods.

Good luck finding them in the areas you're looking!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Default Look before you leap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51&Holding View Post
Hi to all. Love this website. I am looking to move to North Carolina also and, the only thing stopping me is my inability to find the 'correct' area to live. I share the same concerns as Lorax -please don't hurt me! . It has been suggested to "come and get a feel" but, getting a feel costs time and money and I have neither... I am looking for a home in the 300,000 bracket (No more) . Would love to be somewhere close to cary (but not too deep) would that put me at the North side of Raleigh?.. no more than a 30-40 min commute (in bad traffic) to Downtown Raleigh or the Triangle work area... (the place where there are a lot of jobs)... would also love an area with sidewalks and working families, parks, etc. ... any assistance anyone can give will be greatly appreciated...
P.S. I've noticed a couple of realestate folks on line and I'm not working w/anyone... hint, hint
You’re joking right? You don’t have the time or money to investigate an area you’re considering relocating, as in changing your whole lifestyle, to? What in the world makes you think you’ll be able to adapt to Raleigh? Do you have a passion for red clay, pine trees or pork barbeque with vinegar and red pepper?

Please don’t consider moving to Raleigh just for financial reasons as I’m sure you’ll quickly regret your decision.

For the record, I moved to North Carolina from Crofton Maryland because I genuinely fell in love the way of life in the small town of Wake Forest. Money had little, if anything, to do with my choice to relocate. Oh, and I made at least 10 trips here before finally putting money down to have a house built. I viewed the cost of those trips as far cheaper than making a costly commitment that I could possibly regret later. Word to the wise- do your homework and then take a field trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary