Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM

100 posts, read 289,488 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good pet sitting service that serves the South Raleigh/Garner area? I need someone to come feed my cats on Christmas Day in the morning and evening. Also, my older cat is an insulin dependent diabetic so I need someone who is comfortable giving injections. Anyone know of such a person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM

98 posts, read 216,165 times
We have used Bonefied pet sitting service and have been very pleased. Not sure of their service area but we are in west Raleigh.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
I'm a big fan of Pet Comfort and Care/Autumn Mills. (Pet Comfort and Care, Inc.)

Autumn is our go-to sitter when we're away for anything more than a day or and she's excellent with our dog and cat. Autumn is comfortable providing medicines to pets, including injections. She typically does a walk-through before your first date of service to pick up a spare key and meet with/play with the animal(s) to get a feel for their disposition and at that time you can discuss any questions or concerns about the insulin injections. In addition to pet-related services, she'll also gladly pick up your mail/newspapers, open and close your blinds or turn your lights on and off to make it look like somebody is home, and take out garbage so you don't miss a collection day. First time customers also usually get $10.00 off as an incentive to try her. My only word of warning is that some of the form fields on her reservation page (on Contact Us) can be a little buggy - it's always better to type in the dates by hand than use the calendar button. Her e-mail address is also on the Contact Us page so you can reach her that way. Again, I can't recommend her highly enough.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,326 times
Thanks for asking! We moved to Garner recently and our beloved sitter won't come this 'far' and the friend who normally does it for us now that we're here won't be in town. I'll definitely look into these recs!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM

Yes, thank you both for the recs. I'll check them both out.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachgab View Post
Can anyone recommend a good pet sitting service that serves the South Raleigh/Garner area? I need someone to come feed my cats on Christmas Day in the morning and evening. Also, my older cat is an insulin dependent diabetic so I need someone who is comfortable giving injections. Anyone know of such a person?
Aw man, I know someone who used to be a very trained cat-sitter IN Garner...but she moved back to where she used to live.

I know that she was a member of the Triangle Association of Pet Sitters--check their website; she says pretty much any of them are bonded and recommended.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Aw man, I know someone who used to be a very trained cat-sitter IN Garner...but she moved back to where she used to live.

I know that she was a member of the Triangle Association of Pet Sitters--check their website; she says pretty much any of them are bonded and recommended.
Bummer! Oh well, have some rep points anyway. I'll check Triangle Association of Pet Sitters website. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM

83 posts, read 207,973 times
I started using Sophie's Sit and Stay recently after my prior pet sitter quit his pet-sitting services. They have done a nice job for me when I was away on a couple of long trips. My vet recommended them to me. I think they would provide services in Garner, but I am not positive.

Home - Sophie's Sit & Stay, While You're Away Home and Pet Services

Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryMind View Post
I started using Sophie's Sit and Stay recently after my prior pet sitter quit his pet-sitting services. They have done a nice job for me when I was away on a couple of long trips. My vet recommended them to me. I think they would provide services in Garner, but I am not positive.

Thanks. Their prices look great. I'll check into them.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryMind View Post

+1 to Sophie's Sit and Stay!! Used them on Christmas Day and will be using them this weekend too. Their prices are great, their communication is great, their service is great. Kathy even developed enough rapport with my grouchy elderly cat to give her the insulin doses she needed. Highly recommend this pet sitter to all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary