Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Well,
Here's another thread that has gone political instead of Triangle, and needs to be moved to another forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Gotta start to think about why americans like those republican ideas on health insurance. Look ya might hate michael Moore but go see sicko. Then get involved and letsss get the health insurance companies OUT OF HEALTH CARE!

A single payer system is going to be better for all here in this great country.
Yes, it's working out great in England (where people pull out there own teeth because it takes so long to get a dentist appointment) and Canada (where rich people with cancer come here and premature babies are airlifted to hospitals in the US because the Canadian system is not equipped to take care of them). Government run health will be inefficient and services will be rationed.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 AM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Yes, it's working out great in England (where people pull out there own teeth because it takes so long to get a dentist appointment) and Canada (where rich people with cancer come here and premature babies are airlifted to hospitals in the US because the Canadian system is not equipped to take care of them). Government run health will be inefficient and services will be rationed.

I saw that english report, Nice. Did you know that over 40% of AMERICANS have not been to a dentist in over 2 years, that over 35% have unfilled cavities or tooth decay that causes them to eat on the other side of their mouths, and that most dental insurance plans pay Didly squat here in america.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well,
Here's another thread that has gone political instead of Triangle, and needs to be moved to another forum.

Party pooper!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Quote:
I saw that english report, Nice. Did you know that over 40% of AMERICANS have not been to a dentist in over 2 years, that over 35% have unfilled cavities or tooth decay that causes them to eat on the other side of their mouths, and that most dental insurance plans pay Didly squat here in america.
Urby, I hate when it won't let me give you more rep points

Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Urby, I hate when it won't let me give you more rep points
But they will take me offline for 7 days!!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times
Quote:
I've been in Metlife dental, BCBS dental and Guardian (all in the last 6 months). I never paid anything with Metlife (which we had for about 3 years) including having several cavities filled. I only got a cleaning on BCBS but it was covered 100 percent. I just got two cavities filled with Guardian. They covered $230 of the $350 (with no waiting period--I'd only had the policy 4 days). That's not didly squat to me. I haven't heard of many Americans pulling their own teeth out. What about the premature babies in Canada? Who will take care of them if the US isn't a safety net for the Canadian system and where are we going to airlift the premature babies our system can't afford to take care of? Anyway, this is off topic and I'm done fighting.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
Quote:
But they will take me offline for 7 days!!
Oh man! I was offline for 7 days too recently and then a few days later received another stern warning from a senior mod :-\

Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 AM

460 posts, read 1,770,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutThePressure View Post
Hey guys,

We've always had a traditional health insurance plan, but now that we've had our 1st child, and I'm a Realtor buying my own insurance, we're looking at other options than paying $500-600 for maternity and general healthcare. We are in our mid/late 20's and very healthy, hardly every visiting the doctor. Please let us know if you have any great ideas. Thanks so much!
If you can afford health insurance, it's simply irresponsible NOT to carry it - especially since you have a child. "Choosing" not to carry health insurance when you can afford it, kind of falls into the 'bad parenting' category.

Check around for better rates, and/or cut back in other areas of your life (like Starbucks, movies, cable tv premium packages, eating out, etc.)

Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 AM

405 posts, read 1,770,675 times
I'm sorry... I'm too busy laughing at the idea that the U.S.--who ranks 15 countries BELOW CANADA in infant mortality (2007, Kaiser Family Foundation)--is a "safety net" for Canadian babies to muster a reply.

Are you suggesting that you might go without insurance for your CHILD as well? I think it's irresponsible to go without coverage as the parents of child, but whatever you decide for your wife and yourself... you simply MUST maintain coverage for your child(ren).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary