Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 AM

8 posts, read 30,966 times

Advertisements

I've been reading the posts about Carolina Arbors from last year and I was wondering if anyone currently living there can give an update about their experience purchasing and living there. We are currently homeowners in Asheville and looking to downsize and relocate to Durham. We are pretty familiar with the Triangle area and would love to hear news and any updates on CA's next phase and clubhouse completion. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 08:17 AM

43,449 posts, read 77,411,003 times
Clubhouse will be ready this fall.
They are aiming for the end of September.

They released some lots recently, and those have started to sell fairly well.
Passport sites are about half gone in that release.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:07 AM

46 posts, read 103,044 times
I live in CA. My husband and I love the lifestyle and people. Most people state that they feel lucky to live here. A realtor told me that this community has the most satisfied residents of any that she had ever seen. The info on the clubhouse is "late" summer; I assume it will be on September 22 (last day of summer). Passport sites sell quickly, but Pinnacle homes overall have sold many more than anticipated as folks have opted for larger homes. Many of the homes here have the "loft" feature which provides a lots of square footage for the price. Durham property taxes have been more expensive than most folks expected, but the community is vibrant--in some ways, similar to Asheville.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:15 AM

4,267 posts, read 11,448,775 times
My husband and I moved to CA in December 2013. We really love it here and have made some truly wonderful friends. The homes are selling briskly and prices have increased since we purchased (the base price of our model is 20K more than we paid).

Even though we are new community, there are quite of few clubs that have already formed as well as a wide variety of fitness classes. Our clubhouse "Piedmont Hall" is well underway and I've been to.d it will be October before it it opens.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:17 PM

19,462 posts, read 27,969,031 times
Out of curiosity, where are you having fitness classes if the clubhouse is incomplete?

Old 04-18-2015, 05:05 PM

4,267 posts, read 11,448,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Out of curiosity, where are you having fitness classes if the clubhouse is incomplete?
In the sales center, in one of the meeting rooms. Class size is limited to about 20 but there are lots of different classes, most in the daytime but a few at night. we have Cardio Fit, Pilates. Yoga, Zumba, Tai chi, strength and balance.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:05 AM

Thanks Everyone! Appreciate the information!

Old 04-21-2015, 07:42 AM

14 posts, read 21,632 times
We visited Carolina Arbors over the weekend and were very impressed with what we saw. There were about 75-100 people visiting during the time we were there. The homes were not inexpensive when you add in the upgrades and lot premiums but much less than our current home in the DC area.

Other than the homes and beauty of the area we were most impressed with the people. Everyone stopped to talk or wave and say hello. From the restaurants to the airport to the residents we felt included. I told my husband that I had more people talk to me in two days than in the past two years in our Maryland home. (And I'm a total motor mouth.) At RDU the shuttle driver helped us with bags. At BWI there is no way someone would help.

We're planning to make CA our next home.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:51 AM

Default Carolina Arbors

We drove through the area last year and it was a beehive of building activity. I agree that the homes are not cheap, but they seem to be well designed and well built. We are planning another trip to go through the models and try and get some idea of what our desired upgrades would add to the base price. I know that once you start upgrading the meter starts running. So far, other than the activity center not being completed yet, there doesn't seem to be many negatives about this community.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 AM

46 posts, read 103,044 times
Keep in mind that lot prices MAY be negotiable. That being said, I suggest getting the best lot that meets your needs. Welcome to the community! It's a great place to live--just had this conversation with several neighbors this morning. The people are VERY personable, interesting and friendly. As for upgrades and home models, you might walk the neighborhoods and speak with residents. Most are willing to share their experience on models and options within each one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary