Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times

Advertisements

I always liked the older apartments around Cameron Village in Raleigh. I think it's a great location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM

68 posts, read 182,791 times
Thank you all for your help!
If we have more questions, we'll make sure to ask u again haha!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM

Will the rent be expensive in the Cameron Village? (for a 1 bed room apt)

Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Could you please be a little more specific regarding the areas of southeast Raleigh to avoid?

I've noticed a mini 'restaurant row' on Knightdale Bl. going eastward from I-540, which includes a Lonestar Steakhouse (my go-to restaurant out here in Los Angeles and Orange County), as well as a Chilis & an Applebees.

Is that the area to avoid you were referring to?

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 AM

Hi everyone,
What do you think about BRENTWOOD WEST Apartments (located at 3831 BRENTWOOD RD, RALEIGH, 2760)?
Thank you very much!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2013 View Post
Hi everyone,
What do you think about BRENTWOOD WEST Apartments (located at 3831 BRENTWOOD RD, RALEIGH, 2760)?
Thank you very much!
I'd venture to say "no" to there. On one side you have a strip mall with a pretty active (as in loud/noisy) nightclub and on the other side is another apartment complex, Brentwood East, which has BAD reviews on Apartment Ratings.com.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM

ahhh, ok ok! that's why it's a little cheaper to rent there!
Thank you for letting me know.
We are still looking for a 1 br apt...

Old 05-20-2013, 10:03 AM

804 posts, read 2,004,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
I'd venture to say "no" to there. On one side you have a strip mall with a pretty active (as in loud/noisy) nightclub and on the other side is another apartment complex, Brentwood East, which has BAD reviews on Apartment Ratings.com.
i agree with garnetpalmetto. this doesn't mean that brentwood is awful, but that area in particular is not one i'd recommend.

you also asked about cameron village - i think one bedrooms used to go for something around the $550-650 range but that may be dated info. some of them don't have air conditioning but any friends i've had living there have easily remedied that with window units. it's a great location, especially for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Could you please be a little more specific regarding the areas of southeast Raleigh to avoid?

I've noticed a mini 'restaurant row' on Knightdale Bl. going eastward from I-540, which includes a Lonestar Steakhouse (my go-to restaurant out here in Los Angeles and Orange County), as well as a Chilis & an Applebees.

Is that the area to avoid you were referring to?

Thanks!
you would be fine there. knightdale, in general, does not have any particular hot spots to avoid.

the areas of southeast that most people avoid are in downtown (although there are some up & coming gentrification neighborhoods like hunter-thompson & areas around there). i'd recommend starting your own thread with your specifications (i.e., pricepoint, type of housing, job location) in order to get better direction on that.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,825,243 times
I'm also apartment hunting in Raleigh. So far, I've narrowed my choices down to a bunch of apartments in 27612 area (Duraleigh area) and living downtown in the Cameron Village area. The apartments there are smaller and older, but its a great area and the apartment ratings are high. I'm looking at St. Mary's Apartments, The Raleigh apartments, and in 27612, Duraleigh Woods and Highlands at Olde Raleigh.

I also like Hidden Oaks in the Cary area, but not sure about the apartment ratings there. The complex is nice though, for the price.

Does anyone have any advice on here, regarding these places? I am seeking work in Raleigh, so I want to be centrally located but also in a good area. I'm in my mid thirties and single, and the area around the 540 beltline, while beautiful, seems very family oriented. Initially I was seeking in the $700 range, but some places have small studios or 1 beds for $550-650, and that's where I need to be at right now.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2013 View Post
Hi everyone,
Thank you very much!
By all that's holy, stay out of there. This place is beyond awful. Please don't fall for pretty pictures on the web.

Brentwood East is just as bad.

Stay away from anything on New Hope Church Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary