Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 AM

635 posts, read 1,617,402 times

Advertisements

Was thinking of taking some family to the ballpark to catch an ACC championship game since the Bulls aren't in town until Monday and wondered if there's anything special done during games to appeal to kids like what you see at the Bulls games between innings, or if the schools' mascots perform, etc. I realize the audience is different with the tournament, so I'm thinking it may just be baseball the whole time. I think the kids would get bored without the extra entertainment value between innings. Anyone been so far this week and can share what the games are like? TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM

821 posts, read 1,462,742 times
I went to the State game on Wednesday and they did a few kids races, threw some t-shirts...not sure if it's as exciting as the bulls games (didn't see any mascots), but there was a small amount of involvement for kids. And they brought out a youth baseball team for the national anthem. Hope it's fun if you go!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
I went to the State game on Wednesday and they did a few kids races, threw some t-shirts...not sure if it's as exciting as the bulls games (didn't see any mascots), but there was a small amount of involvement for kids. And they brought out a youth baseball team for the national anthem. Hope it's fun if you go!

Did they have beer concessions there? I was thinking about going, but wasn't sure if there would be since it's college ball. I think it might make a difference that it's not on campus, but I'm not sure.

I never realized how boring this game is - YouTube

Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 AM

They were not serving beer on Wednesday night. Now, I did hear that they served it at the NCSU/Duke game the previous weekend (non-tournament), but that's second-hand, and I'm fairly sure a pretty big violation of NCAA rules.
Actually, I do think they even made an announcement during the game about not using tobacco or alcohol...
Could be wrong.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:23 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
They were not serving beer on Wednesday night. Now, I did hear that they served it at the NCSU/Duke game the previous weekend (non-tournament), but that's second-hand, and I'm fairly sure a pretty big violation of NCAA rules.
Actually, I do think they even made an announcement during the game about not using tobacco or alcohol...
Could be wrong.
I thought offsite facilities were allowed to serve alcohol (or maybe it is a school by school or conference by conference thing). I thought Louisville and UNLV each allowed beer at their off campus basketball arenas.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:46 PM

OK, I win for having too much time. I called and asked, I was wrong (or according to their operator!), they are allowing alcohol sales in one small area along the third base line. Now, if that's not correct....I'll DM you her name

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 888 times
We were at the UNC-Clemson game last night (though we didn't stay for all 14 innings) and did not see beer being served or consumed. I can't say for certain that the 3rd base line concession stand didn't have it, but we saw no one drinking. That didn't keep the rowdiness quotient down, but did seem to keep things a little less obnoxious than they might otherwise have gotten. UNC won, BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary