Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM

86 posts, read 146,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesnow View Post
This is m first year teaching in Wake: I have been hit, scratched, kicked, and more and offending students were NOT suspended.
If the school won't do anything, file a criminal complaint. There's no way you should be taking that kind of abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
I know a kid at my daughter's high school was arrested recently for hitting a teacher and was also suspended.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:30 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
I absolutely hear what you are saying. Just for the record though, for my son, suspension is no walk in the park. Before he got home from school Friday, his TV, ipod, stereo and computer were removed from his room. As soon as we walked in I took his phone as well. Unless my husband has a list of chores to be done, (mostly yard work) then he is in his room bored like a criminal. He is also not allowed in the family room while the TV is on.

Not trying to make any excuses here, but something was mentioned to me by my Mother that had not occurred to me, because it's been part of our lives for so long I guess. My son has ADHD with problems with impulsivity. Blurting things out is not always something he can control. He has an IEP in place and I have requested a meeting to have this suspension revoked.
I'm pretty sure you are an exception! The children I am referring to live in poverty and don't have phones or iPods and live with 6 other kids and one parent in a two bedroom apartment.

But yes, I agree with you about the ADHD as the root of the problem, and I feel for ya---I also have ADD-B which is ADD with Blurting; however, I don't think that will be considered as an excuse to get out of suspension. IMHO they will feel MORE justified in finding a way to teach him to curb his impulses.

LaMishra, I'm glad to hear they use ISS in high schools in Wake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary