Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,747 times

Advertisements

I'm located in Cary and looking for an affordable, creative, and honest company/person to put together a landscape design for me. Hopefully they can also give suggestions on materials to use and how to fix some drainage issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 07:07 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
We used Natural Accents for our plan and some labor. I think we paid a few hundred for the design which we found to be very creative. They were willing to do as much or as little as we requested on the actual implementation of the plan.

http://www.thenaturalaccent.com/

Old 06-08-2013, 08:06 AM

838 posts, read 2,525,165 times
I've had 3 landscape companies out at my place and can tell you that affordable and landscaping don't mix. I never realized how expensive it is to get simple things done like retaining walls. If you find a company that fits all of your expectations, please post an update to your post.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:24 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
Caspian is dead on. Quotes for hardscaping will be high dollar. We had NA level an area for us and I did the hardscaping. They used a small walk behind dozer type machine that made the work easy. The actual layout for things like retaining walls is very easy. Patio Pavers Photos , http://belgard.biz/collections.php?section=3&ind=1 for examples. The pavers are sold locally too.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 AM

150 posts, read 233,556 times
I can vouch for Scott at PlanTenders. http://www.plantendersinc.com/PlanTenders. He listens to you, and tries to solve the problem rather than just skimming over it and putting in pretty plants. His team works *hard* on the job, and they don't stop to smoke and kibbitz.

When I'm ready to do something with that old burn pit in my backyard, Scott is the one I'm calling.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:46 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
We were very happy with Matt Noel at Garden Supply Co.

Quote:
Matthew Noel- Landscape Designer
Bachelor of Science from NCSU in Landscape Design & Horticulture
Certified Plant Professional & member of NCAN (NC Association of Nurserymen)
Matthew brings his special skills to landscape design, focusing on creating outdoor rooms and spaces that allows one to reconnect with nature. He specializes in combining hardscapes with plants, balancing and complementing one another in a way that becomes first functional, then whimsical and delightful.
We had the builder basic landscape package already in our new construction home, and he was able to utilize everything that was already here, moving several things to better locations. We can compare the growth in those plants that were moved to those in our neighbors and see that ours look healthier.

They also did a paver patio for us, which turned out quite well, primarily because of Matt's creative design. The quality of the actual construction could have been a bit better, but was fixed when we pointed out the flaws.

As this is a new construction community, Matt could not be 100% sure of how water would end up pooling on our property, so a couple of plants were not thriving until they relocated them to a higher spot. Before the relocation, Garden Supply generously replaced a couple of those trees so our garden looks great.

Were they cheap? No, but they were certainly in the ballpark with other quotes. And far more creative than other hardscape and landscape companies we contacted. They've also proven that their written guarantee actually MEANS something.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
^We used Allison at Garden Supply. I like her.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketsong View Post
I'm located in Cary and looking for an affordable, creative, and honest company/person
to put together a landscape design for me.
Earth Graphics

Design and ideas only. You do or contract for the work on your own.
http://www.earthg.com/

Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM

789 posts, read 1,992,252 times
We used Design-A-Yard, at the recommendation of several users on this forum, and were very pleased. They were very knowledgeable about local laws for easements, spent a lot of time taking measurements and talking with us about what we wanted, and then gave us a completely to scale drawing with a legend of all plants. They were VERY reasonably priced, and created a design that was wonderful. We are very pleased.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Check out BareFoot and Associates. They are in Johnston County and not sure if Cary is part of their service area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary