Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:55 PM

48 posts, read 151,097 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are here in Clayton, and loving it so far. I have had great experiences getting here... from moving companies, to men to help unload here, to hotels 1/2 way pet friendly To a awesome realtor who goes way beyond for you.
Any one needing info just please let me know. Feel free to pm me.

Thank you LAUREN and everyone else who answered all our questions to get us here.

My hubby is looking for work ++++
He is a general contractor, does great work for a good price. Anyone in need of remodeling, gutters, screened porches, etc. please give us a call :
919-550-8177.
We are so happy to be here, and have the move behind us.
Thanks to all again!
Michelle

Last edited by sedona; 11-03-2007 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 PM

850 posts, read 3,626,427 times
YAY!! You got your internet! So happy you are HERE (literally up the block) and settled in.

I'm emailing you now!
Lauren

Old 11-04-2007, 09:07 AM

20 posts, read 88,274 times
Congrats,

What neighborhood did you settle into? We moved into Lee Forest a few weeks ago and have been extremely happy with our choice. We came down from Maryland and have noticed that just about everyone on our street is a transplant as well, at least they are friendly ones!

JC

Old 11-04-2007, 06:39 PM

48 posts, read 151,097 times
Hi JC,
I have heard great things about Lee Forest, we are in the Tafton development. Congrats to you!
We actually stayed in Aberdeen, on our way here.
Do you have any small kiddies? I have two. Looking for some playdates too
It is a good feeling knowing how many others are in the same boat as us.
<<<<waving>>>>
Michelle

Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times
Congrats! I just was reading on Triangle Mommies a new group has started up: JohnstonMommies.com--Johnston County and Northeast Harnett County's Mom-to-Mom Connection

Old 11-05-2007, 06:16 AM

Greetings Michelle,

We have a couple of little boys, 3 and 3 months. We are still learning our way around, where is Tafton? BTW, we may be looking into giving your husband a call when we get around to doing gutters as well.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 AM

87 posts, read 361,134 times
Hi Guys... I am looking to relocate from MA and originally from NY. I have two kids and would love to find a neighborhood that allows horses or has horse facilities around. I have one horse and would like two. Can anyone help telling me if this exists in Clayton. Sounds like a great place to live from what I hear.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:49 AM

62 posts, read 258,449 times
jc007dt-

Welcome to Lee Forest! We moved to Lee Forest almost 2 months ago. Where in MD are you from? We moved here from Colorado, but both me and my husband were born and raised in Southern Maryland.

Glad you are enjoying the neighborhood...

Paula

Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM

Paula,

We lived in Calverty County, both pretty much raised right in that area. The company I work for is in Denver so I fly out there once a month or so. The CEO tried to get me to move out there but the wife shot that down. We live off of Kendall Drive and I think just about everyone is a transplant as well! Its great, we love it.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM

62 posts, read 258,449 times
jc007dt,

What a small world; We are on Kendall Drive too. We grew up in Charles County (Waldorf), and we have family in St. Mary's & Calvert counties. We lived in Colorado Springs for the past 12 years, so we are so much closer to our families in MD now. Maybe we'll see you around the neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary