Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 PM

38 posts, read 69,405 times

Advertisements

Avid football (soccer) player, and since I'm moving to Raleigh, I would like to know if you guys know anywhere they play soccer - pick up or competitively. Do they play pick up at NC State? Do they have any small leagues going on?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM

101 posts, read 189,005 times
Try TASL for outdoor adult leagues ( http://www.tasl.us/). Or if you want indoor call DreamSports, Sports HQ or XL Soccer World.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM

95 posts, read 259,786 times
The information from pharmamama is pretty good.

There's a surprising and growing number of pickup games as well, though you can't just go to a park and wait for people to show up as in many countries. Try meetup.com, facebook, and other social gathering programs. Hope your post here brings more information as well. Good luck!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 PM

128 posts, read 345,964 times
I play in TASL and I find that once you get involved and on a team you get a real sense of community within the league. You become attune to which teams are getting people together at which fields for scrimmages or just pick up games, etc.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 AM

Thanks guys for the info guys! I went to school in Nashville, TN and people from around the Nashville area used to come to Vanderbilt and just play. Hopefully I can find something like that in Raleigh. I definitely would also like to be on a team, so I'll check out pharmamama's links.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 PM

116 posts, read 268,901 times
Let me know if you are interested in playing indoor. I have a team and you might be able to join us. We play at NetSports on Davis drive. Website is NETSPORTS and they have pick up games at noon a few days a week. I think XL also has indoor pick up on weekends. Rail Hawks arranges outdoor pick up games every now and then which is free so get on their mailing list.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidmo View Post
Let me know if you are interested in playing indoor. I have a team and you might be able to join us. We play at NetSports on Davis drive. Website is NETSPORTS and they have pick up games at noon a few days a week. I think XL also has indoor pick up on weekends. Rail Hawks arranges outdoor pick up games every now and then which is free so get on their mailing list.
Thanks man. I won't be moving officially to Raleigh until early late August/early September. Could I still contact you then?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 PM

19 posts, read 40,470 times
If you are interested in indoor soccer and want to join a league and will be in north Raleigh, then try the Factory at wake forest. MVP Sports Factory. I play the mens' league there - very intense and competitive though its technically a rec league. With a new turf and lots of enthusiasts in north Raleigh, this place is awesome.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Forester View Post
If you are interested in indoor soccer and want to join a league and will be in north Raleigh, then try the Factory at wake forest. MVP Sports Factory. I play the mens' league there - very intense and competitive though its technically a rec league. With a new turf and lots of enthusiasts in north Raleigh, this place is awesome.
Good stuff, can't wait to get down there and start playing! Thanks for all the recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary