Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 AM

279 posts, read 702,307 times

Advertisements

We are finally doing it. We found the perfect house to rent, got jobs lined up and we are moving to Clayton.
We are coming during the hottest time of the year, but I will appreciate it next winter when I am not shoveling or snow blowing.
Would love to meet other stay at home moms in the area as well.
I have been on this board for about a year, so its exciting to finally be moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:14 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetoutofmaine View Post
We are finally doing it. We found the perfect house to rent, got jobs lined up and we are moving to Clayton.
We are coming during the hottest time of the year, but I will appreciate it next winter when I am not shoveling or snow blowing.
Would love to meet other stay at home moms in the area as well.
I have been on this board for about a year, so its exciting to finally be moving.
Congrats! Good luck with the move. Sounds like a great approach (having jobs lined up / renting first).

Best of luck to you!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:24 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! I commend you for having jobs lined up and kicking off the life change with a rental property to get to know the area better! Best of luck and don't worry about the heat, the beach is about 2 hours to the east of Clayton!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM

245 posts, read 809,033 times
Congratulations!!!!!!
I do have to shed a tear at the fact that you have to move during this time of year though..... I spent several summers in Maine, then moved to Portland for a year. Love it, but except for those three months between June and September, I'd much rather be in NC. Especially with the price of heating oil these days!
I hope you love Clayton. There are mom's groups, check meetup.com for one in Clayton, also look at carolinaparent.com. We live in Cary and LOVE it here, there are so many amenities and it's a great place for families, SAHMs, and kids.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
I'm jealous! Good luck!'

Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM

98 posts, read 511,799 times
Haha, y'all, I love it. You are already fitting in! I moved during the hottest time of the year also to Cary, and I have never felt like I *needed* air conditioning before. The humidity will feel so heavy you'll feel like you could eat it with a fork. Once it starts cooling a little (from the 100's!) and flowers actually BLOOM in the fall, you'll know how wonderful this area truly is.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 AM

28 posts, read 108,699 times
um.. I don't think it snows in clayton all that much but keep your fingers crossed for a white christmas!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary