Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 AM

554 posts, read 1,155,191 times

Advertisements

I am beyond frustrated at the lack of Track out camps offered for Track 2. It seems that all of the pretty cool options, such a science camps, music/art camps, only offer tracks 1,3,4. We have tried the Town of Cary offerings, but half the time the class is cancelled due to lack of enrollment

I realize that some bouncy places offer camps with legos and such things, but after observing the lack of supervision of the campers (we frequent for open bounce) I would never send my child to camp there.

I'd love to hear your suggestions local to Cary, Morrisville, Apex if you have any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 08:22 AM

430 posts, read 626,909 times
It's in Raleigh, but my daughter really loved going to circus camp at Cirque de Vol. It was worth the drive up from Apex for us and they have camps for track 2.

Both my son and daughter have had fun learning to cook at Classy Kids Cook. That's right in the middle of Cary and they have track 2 camps. The nice part about this one is you don't have to pack a lunch since the kids cook for themselves and even make a meal for the parents at the end of the week.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Hoop City U has track out camps - it's up in Durham by 540 ...about 15-20 min - they do a "field trip" next door to Defy Gravity too.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Dent View Post
It's in Raleigh, but my daughter really loved going to circus camp at Cirque de Vol. It was worth the drive up from Apex for us and they have camps for track 2.

Both my son and daughter have had fun learning to cook at Classy Kids Cook. That's right in the middle of Cary and they have track 2 camps. The nice part about this one is you don't have to pack a lunch since the kids cook for themselves and even make a meal for the parents at the end of the week.

These are great, thank you!!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM

12 posts, read 20,358 times
Default Cary Polar Ice House

Hi, my 2 sons are on track 2 and they absolutely LOOOOVE the Cary Polar Ice House track out camp. I had also tried a bunch of other camps in Cary (including Bond Park) and this was the first one where I picked them up and they actually raved about their day instead of saying "That was so boring, do we have to go back?" They had never ice skated before and the counselors there are so helpful and attentive. Now, both boys are excellent skaters and the older one has actually joined the hockey league there. I really can't say enough good things about the program they run there and the people involved. It may not be the fanciest place but they really do keep the kids occupied and I feel very safe with them being there. I also like that you can sign up for just a few days instead of the whole week and you can also do 1/2 days. They are super flexible about if you miss and want to make up a day too.

I'm actually really starting to like Track 2 because there are never any crowds anywhere when we're off!

Good luck with your search.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
I second the rec. for Cirque de Vol. They are caring and conscientious people. They have done wonders for my daughter's self -esteem. Great program!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I second the rec. for Cirque de Vol. They are caring and conscientious people. They have done wonders for my daughter's self -esteem. Great program!

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if this is something my child would enjoy? I am always looking for activities to help build his self confidence. He is sometimes reluctant to try new things because he worries about not being able to do it "right" so to speak. Do you feel it is the program or the instructors, or both that really make Cirque de Vol a success?

Old 10-16-2013, 04:41 AM

65 posts, read 112,127 times
My son loves the track out camps offered by Triangle Rock Club. No experience necessary and the kids spend a full day learning about climbing, safety, first aid, and teamwork. The counselors we have had are excellent and the camp has made rock climbing a favorite hobby of my son...

Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM

108 posts, read 203,863 times
I second the recommendation for Polar Ice House Track Out. They have a nice mix of skating, art&crafts, and small field trips to Monkey Joes, bowling, etc. My kids can now literally skate circles around me.

My elementary age kids also love Camp MusArt in Apex. Great exposure to all sorts of instruments, and the art projects are very cool also.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_terp View Post
I second the recommendation for Polar Ice House Track Out. They have a nice mix of skating, art&crafts, and small field trips to Monkey Joes, bowling, etc. My kids can now literally skate circles around me.

My elementary age kids also love Camp MusArt in Apex. Great exposure to all sorts of instruments, and the art projects are very cool also.

We will check out the Polar Ice House.... my son seemed pretty excited about that one. The MusArt is one that offers nothing on track 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary