Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 AM

178 posts, read 583,503 times

Advertisements

We are visiting next week, and I staggered so long that the hotel we were going to stay at is now full!

We chose the Tower, right in downtown Durham-because of -pet friendly, larger rooms with separate living and sleeping areas (and kitchen), and only $89 per night. There were great reviews in 3 places I looked at, including memory mattresses, cleanliness, and a courtyard with stuff for the kids to play with (ages 1 and 4) so very young...don't need too much. We also planned on going to the science museum which was very close. It is the only hotel in downtown Durham, that we liked, though.

SO I need more options now....

We can be in the RPT area also. (or Holly Springs, Cary) Would prefer to stay out of Raleigh or other congested areas we would have to travel to. (because our visit will be in Durham, so the interior or East side of Raleigh won't work)

I can specify other things too, but must be clean, pet friendly-and tell you in advance the price of the pet stay. Not directly on the street (Duke tower's doors let into the courtyard, not out on to the street) My little ones are not very car/street savy yet. Some green area to walk the dogs would be great. I also prefer a private exit door, not into hallways. But that is not mandatory, I just don't like walking by people (indoors) with my dogs. The tower was all condo type places, with your own doors, no halls.

I don't need anything fancy-pool or other amenities, but the baby will be on the floor-so it must be clean. Would prefer it to be under $100/night.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,795,280 times
There is a LaQuinta in Durham that looks nice.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:59 AM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Yep, the LaQuinta is a good deal, nice rooms, comfy beds, pet friendly, breakfast and free wifi. I think the rooms have small fridge and microwave. None of the hotels in the LaQuinta chain charge extra fees for pets (though some may have weight or number of pet limitations)

Enjoy your visit. We live in Raleigh, but I like Durham a lot.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 AM

I looked at all of the LaQuinta, and they are all taken/booked for next week except for the one at the Raleigh/int airport....would that be a rather bland area to stay? (I wouldn't mind the RTP one, since it looks like there are actually trees and such surrounding it)

Has anyone stayed there?

Is Nov a rather high time to visit Durham? We actually chose not to do a holiday week thinking it would have more av.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 AM

No, the airport location is quite central and convenient to Durham. Very nearby to many excellent ethnic restaurants in Morrisville. It's not the ideal solution for your described needs, but I think you will find it perfectly fine.

We stayed there last year with our dog. Very comfy beds, as I recall.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM

Apparently that location does not offer any rooms that have some sort of separation, such as living room/bedroom areas or suites.

It just seems like a lot to have 2 adults, 2 young kids and 2 dogs all in one small double bed room!

Are there any other hotels that are pet friendly and have some sort of room separation with out having to book 2 hotel rooms? It would be nice to not have to have "lights out" for all of us at 8 pm when the little ones go to bed!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM

I'm genuinely surprised that the La Quinta on Westpark Drive didn't have any rooms. I KNOW they have suites.

I haven't stayed at any of these personally, but all are pet friendly albeit with an extra charge (and again, watch the weight restrictions)

Comfort Inn and Suites, Medical Park Durham (very near Science museum, I think)

Comfort Suites, RTP

Staybridge Suites, Durham/RTP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary