Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times

Advertisements

It depends on where you got on and where you got off...probably $1.00.

Vicki
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,720,391 times
whewww..I was really sweating this . .thought $100 at least..

Old 01-14-2019, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
Is there an NC Quick Pass high level dept./entity that deals with how this organization functions as a whole?

It seems , from a Customer point of view that there are major communication problems that exist within the service. These communication concerns spawns other serious problems that are minor in circumstance but become major issues due directly to communication issues and if seems a lack of in-depth understanding of the Customer's Requests and how those request couple with the services offered by the NC Transponder Service.

A specific phone number would be great of someone who's knowledgeable of the entire application and the services it provides.

Thanks in advance.
William

Old 01-14-2019, 01:47 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHPeak View Post
Is there an NC Quick Pass high level dept./entity that deals with how this organization functions as a whole?

It seems , from a Customer point of view that there are major communication problems that exist within the service. These communication concerns spawns other serious problems that are minor in circumstance but become major issues due directly to communication issues and if seems a lack of in-depth understanding of the Customer's Requests and how those request couple with the services offered by the NC Transponder Service.

A specific phone number would be great of someone who's knowledgeable of the entire application and the services it provides.

Thanks in advance.
William
I mean... literally googling "nc quickpass contact" gets you a number and an address you can go to:

Old 01-14-2019, 02:54 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,582,612 times
I have the E-ZPass tag. I got a bill as a truck with fifth wheel from vdot. Ncpass and vdot just pointed the finger to each other. I did actually take the road just got charged a larger amount. I gave up after I was ignored by systems that send you emails from an unmonitored box.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 PM

8 posts, read 15,852 times
I recently had the same issue. Called customer service and they took care of it. I suppose these things happen.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:00 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Then, there are those huge, high-tonnage trucks with no visible tag that "ride" for free. Yeah, I know they pay other fees, but gee.

And, those that buy a large bike rack that conceals tag!

Old 01-14-2019, 06:06 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
"...high-tonnage trucks with no visible tag..."

....General Statute 20-63(d) to explain why dump trucks and many construction vehicles often don’t have tags on the back.

That statute reads, in part, “…when only one registration plate is issued for a motor vehicle and this motor vehicle is transporting a substance that may adhere to the plate so as to cover or discolor the plate or if the motor vehicle has a mechanical loading device that may damage the plate, the registration plate may be attached to the front of the motor vehicle.”

Old 01-15-2019, 11:29 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
For those who are curious, this system was expected to be a bit buggy. When it was under consideration way back when, the powers-that-be decided that the minor hassles of the false-positives were still acceptable over the much greater cost to construct, maintain, and staff the many needed manned toll booths.

Like so many other things nowadays, the individual has to keep track of these computer-billing fees to keep them accurate. I'm actually a bit pleasantly surprised at how this system allows a quick call to talk to an actual person, who quickly accepts most rebuttals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary