Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 AM

826 posts, read 1,933,570 times

Advertisements

This sounds like an interesting option for high school. Montessori for high school, a late start, arts & tech focus...

Interesting point about Morrisville and Zebulon not having their own high schools...

MORRISVILLE: Charter high school could open in Morrisville | Education | NewsObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 AM

63 posts, read 137,232 times
Thanks for posting. Originally, I thought this could be the continuation to Sterling Montessori, but Since it is a charter, I am guessing it would have a lottery to get in.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:29 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
I live in Morrisville but I don't see not having a high school here as such a huge deal. It is not like the students in Morrisville are being bused an hour away or anything. Due to the way Cary and Morrisville developed, they are so intertwined that there is little in Western Wake that is that far away. And given the geopolitical constraints on Morrisville's potential annexation growth I am not sure a large high school is a great use of the land which could otherwise generate tax income for the town. I guess a smaller private/charter school like they are proposing might be the best option anyway.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 AM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
That's interesting.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,116,132 times
There is a charter high school in RTP now (Research Triangle Charter High). The physical address isn't Morrisville, but it's basically right there by Davis Drive and 54.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 AM

571 posts, read 1,303,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleguy47 View Post
Thanks for posting. Originally, I thought this could be the continuation to Sterling Montessori, but Since it is a charter, I am guessing it would have a lottery to get in.
A charter school in its first year is less likely to have a lottery.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 PM

498 posts, read 854,570 times
I am excited! It sounds like they are very interested in partnering with local companies and possibly the new Wake Tech that will be nearby. My oldest, the one who wants to grow up to be a robotics engineer, will be in high school in 4.5 years so I hope this works out!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,116,132 times
If your child wants to be robotics engineer, you might consider looking at the NCSU early college program.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM

245 posts, read 809,533 times
I think this school sounds like a great idea. I live a few miles from Morrisville, and am guessing (correct me please if I'm wrong) that most Mville kids are assigned to either Panther Creek or Green Hope. Both of these schools are huge. This new charter school will have 100 kids per grade. Another defining feature is that kids will arrive at 9, have an hour of PE, and then start school at 10. I do question how that will work out for teenage girls like I used to be who spent a LOT of time on hair and makeup before going to school, but maybe they'll tweak it a bit... like offer a choice between morning and afternoon mandatory PE. I love the focus on arts, and between this and the science/math charter hs in RTP, it gives Morrisville residents some very good local choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary