Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 PM

19 posts, read 33,873 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am trying to relocate to Wake Forest, Northeast raleigh area and I need some input regarding subdivisions. Looking for a neighborhood that is kid friendly, with pool and gym, close to shopping centers. Budget $230-300K. So far I looked at Highland Creek, Granite falls, Granite crest. I would like to know the general feel of these neighborhoods and other neighborhoods nearby. Thanks! I would really appreciate some info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 06:10 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
These are nice neighborhoods that are in NE Raleigh and Rolesville, the next town over between Raleigh and Wake Forest. It is a growing area near 5401, a planned community of shops, school(s), medical facilities, homes, off I-540 at Louisburg Rd. I have only heard positive things about these communities.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,693 times
Look into Heritage. It's in Wake Forest, and flows into the Rolesville area.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:13 AM

633 posts, read 1,165,108 times
I would look at Heritage and Northampton

Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I agree with those n'hood above. I'd also check out Crenshaw Hall, Dansforth and Wakefield.

Highland Creek is nice because they have an "event planner" and do lots of things within the neighborhood.

Heritage is a bit more expensive than Highland Creek.

There is a new n'hood called Traditions at Heritage but it isn't part of Heritage.

No matter where you live, you can join the Granite Falls pool. I have clients that live in Heritage but belong to Granite Falls pool.

All those areas are good.

Vicki

Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 PM

19 posts, read 33,873 times
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your input. I Will definitely check out Crenshaw hall, Dansforth, week. Has anyone heard about stonegate in wake forest?

Any inside info on traditions at heritage? Are the schools great? I have one in middle school.

Last edited by misskrl22; 02-04-2014 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Updated

Old 02-04-2014, 09:16 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I haven't been to Stonegate in a while but I had a client that purchased there because it was close to Heritage but not as expensive as Heritage. If I remember correctly, another builder took over after my client moved in. I don't think I'm confusing this with Thorn Rose but if I am...it is late and I apologize!

Vicki

Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,932,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskrl22 View Post
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your input. I Will definitely check out Crenshaw hall, Dansforth, week. Has anyone heard about stonegate in wake forest?

Any inside info on traditions at heritage? Are the schools great? I have one in middle school.
Stonegate is a nice neighborhood. I was close to buying there but ended up in Dansforth for 2 reasons:

1) The lot sizes are much bigger. This was a huge draw for us with Dansforth over the other neighborhoods around us. We are on a lot over 1/2 acre that backs to woods and we love it.

2) At the size we were looking at the Stonegate homes were built on slabs as opposed to crawl spaces. I've had a few friends/relatives have problems with slabs (including my sister who had a water leak issue) so that was a deal breaker for me.

Heritage is a nice neighborhood but it wasn't for us. Our builder (Centex) built some of the same homes there as in Dansforth. We looked there but for $50K more we got the same house on a postage stamp lot so that turned us off. We don't like being crammed in with neighbors on all sides front & back. Plus, I'm closer to Heritage High School than most homes in the actual Heritage neighborhood.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:24 AM

633 posts, read 1,165,108 times
Does Dansforth have a pool? It's funny, we've looked in Pemberly, Majestic Oaks, Stonegate, Northampton, Crenshaw, Bowling Green, but I don't remember ever being in Dansforth? And we were all over Heritage too!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:03 PM

6 posts, read 11,919 times
Heritage & Dansforth are great choices. Dansforth has a really big/nice pool.

You can use the following website to determine where your child will attend school:
Address Lookup and School Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary