Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:34 PM

15 posts, read 28,059 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some one story ranch home with crawl space builder suggestions in Raleigh and surrounding areas? I am looking for both custom and any large developers that build subdivisions just in case I see an advertisement for a large subdivision.

In addition, are Stanton Homes and Schumacher Homes stick built, prefab, or modular homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 PM

15 posts, read 28,059 times
I guess the lack of replies means that interest rates are too high to buy houses this year?

Anyone know if a Myrick Construction Co in Knightdale NC is still in business? The phone number listed for this builder has been disconnected.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:01 PM

637 posts, read 1,058,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen2100 View Post
I guess the lack of replies means that interest rates are too high to buy houses this year?

Anyone know if a Myrick Construction Co in Knightdale NC is still in business? The phone number listed for this builder has been disconnected.
I think plenty of people are buying houses, current interest rates aren't the lowest they've ever been but they're still low.

I think newer single story homes are relatively hard to find around here (in the zip codes I'm interested in at least). On limited lot size, the builder gains more from building upward. Every time I've seen a good ranch on the market it goes under contract almost immediately after its listed because there aren't as many choices. I guess folks get tired of stairs or want to go with lower maintenance, then the supply can't meet demand.

That may have more to do with why you're not seeing a lot replies.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM

226 posts, read 610,230 times
Quote:

Many builders build ranches, both custom and tract, no replies probably means no experiences worth mentioning with the builders you're looking at. You also don't reference a price point which will cause your results to vary widely. Try a search for new construction, 1 level homes on realtor.com or any other real estate website and see what you find.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:26 PM

257 posts, read 491,530 times
When we were looking for new ranch homes in 2500-3000 sf range in Raleigh and surrounding area over a year ago, we found Meritage Homes build them. However, they seem to build them in infill areas and so it's usually a very small community like 15-35 homes. At the time, the price range was $350k +

Standard Pacific in Salem Village has ranch homes in the Cottages collection starting 1700 sf. I believe they have crawl space. Base price starting at $285k. The Salem Village will have 300+ homes (or probably higher than that) when built out in another couple of years, maybe. Homes have been selling fast in this community, from the get-go about 2 years ago.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:17 AM

42 posts, read 72,078 times
Epcon is building ranch houses in western Cary.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:22 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
No responses may also be that you only waited two days. . .

Toll Brothers is building ranches, on slab and crawl spaces in some of their subdivisions. We're VERY happy with our slab. I've heard no complaints about crawlspaces, but not everyone who built a basement has been satisfied.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:38 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Lennar is selling a 3,000 sf ranch (1.5 story) at Fryer's gate in West Cary. They have a quick move-in one available for $383,976. This is a nice floor plan and a pretty good location.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
Lennar is selling a 3,000 sf ranch (1.5 story) at Fryer's gate in West Cary. They have a quick move-in one available for $383,976. This is a nice floor plan and a pretty good location.

Yeah... I haven't been in one, but they look pretty decent from the outside.

(Mark this post, kids... I just said something nice about tract homes and I get so much grief for never doing that)

Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:

The lack of responses was probably due to the fact that new-construction ranches aren't in such high demand that all the posters can think up a handful of builders off the top of their heads.

I think that Standard Pacific might have had some ranch plans in a few neighborhoods we've been through.... maybe in Apex?

I forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary