Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 AM

24 posts, read 39,714 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We are interested in looking in the Westvale subdivision, since there happens to be a few lots left to build on and we might be able to find a plan that is not *too* expensive (i.e., under 600K). However, it's hard to really make any decisions until we visit the neighborhood in person. I would love for anyone's opinion on both the builders (Wardson and Amward) and the area, as prices have seem to gone up in the past month or so, even! Crazy!

Also, is Green Hope School Road a busy road?

Thanks so much, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 11:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
My house is a Wardson house. Great builders (we bought it as a resale). We discussed building a couple years ago with Amward. Their houses are quite nice, too.

These builders are all brothers, by the way.

Westvale has a few homes with plans similar to the ones in my neighborhood (the larger, 600k and up plans) and they've built similar homes in Cameron Pond and Weycroft.

The only negative for Westvale is proximity to the cemetery (for some people).

Green Hope School Road is rather busy.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:41 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,896 times
A friend of mine lives there. The homes are lovely. The only downside to me are the homes that face the Lennar community. Lennar totally stripped all the trees from their site, so some of the Westvale homes will back up to Lennar town homes. That is a negative to me as I have a feeling many of those town homes will end up as rentals. The cemetery is a negative for some but I would prefer those lots because they are more private with more trees and privacy. You really need to look closely as each available lot. Green Hope School road is busy and getting busier. During prime rush in the morning it can be a little tricky turning on to the road.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
The cemetary wouldn't bother me. Green Hope School Road would, especially if you have to cross it to use the pool (or are they building their own?) As MB1972 it's only going to get busier.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM

My realtor down there to look at one of the spec homes, which happens to be on the side near the Lennar subdivision, and she said the same thing regarding the rentals….so we DEFINITELY would try to get one of the lots on the wooded side. I guess I am more wow'ed by the fact that I could get a custom home, rather than worried about the spooky cemetery ;-).

I appreciate everyone's info and opinions. Guess it will definitely have to wait until we can get down there in person to look at the available lots … sheesh, relocating sure ain't fun!

Thanks a lot!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The cemetary wouldn't bother me. Green Hope School Road would, especially if you have to cross it to use the pool (or are they building their own?) As MB1972 it's only going to get busier.
Wouldn't bother me, either. Might affect resale, but I think that could be mitigated by planting evergreens.

Being right next to those townhomes would be a negative, though.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Wouldn't bother me, either. Might affect resale, but I think that could be mitigated by planting evergreens.

Being right next to those townhomes would be a negative, though.
I didn't even know there were townhomes over there. I never drive down that road.

These issues are what had us buy re-sale when we moved. Too many unknowns when you don't know an area.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:34 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,896 times
Westvale is not building their own pool, they use the one at Highcroft Village. So you will have to cross Green Hope School Rd to go to the pool. You would really need to drive to the pool as there is not sidewalk the whole way along Green Hope School rd, and walking along the portion without sidewalk is harrowing!!

Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Hmmm, that's definitely a lot to consider. We are still definitely considering resales, for sure…but the lure of having a 'new' home sure is attractive. Thanks, everyone!

Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 AM

621 posts, read 981,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverPhils View Post
Hmmm, that's definitely a lot to consider. We are still definitely considering resales, for sure…but the lure of having a 'new' home sure is attractive. Thanks, everyone!
I know the feeling... it is new and you can customize. Hope you find a new one you like, else you can fallback on a resale (though, in this market, you have to move fast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary