Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 AM

580 posts, read 712,330 times

Advertisements

Pullen Park is in Raleigh. If you go, get there around 9:30 so you can park in the lot by the entrance. The rides open at 10am but there is a nice playground and a pond to walk around.

Bond Park is in Cary. Also nice playground area. Good size lake if you would like to rent a paddle boat, etc.
You can also walk around the lake. Lots of green areas to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 10:30 AM
WDJ

286 posts, read 789,272 times
If you're thinking of heading out towards Chapel Hill, there's a couple events out there during the weekend. On the 26 and 27th, the Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill has Lego-Palooza: Morehead Planetarium and Science Center :: News

On Sunday the 27th, there's the Touch A Truck event (Touch A Truck 2014 | Boy Scout (BSA) Troop 39, Chapel Hill, NC) at University Mall. At University Mall, there's also Kidzu Children's Museum, which is free on Sundays.

Museum of Life and Science is virtually impossible to finish in one day. I think it took us 3 or 4 visits to really see everything. Still a great place for kids of any age, we use our membership there a lot.

Regarding Duke Gardens, it's pretty much the same distance from Cary to it as Cary to MLS. Kid friendly place (my son is 4), and there, we like to check out the fish pond, feed the ducks, and look around the new farm-like area that has chickens and vegetables growing there.

We've managed to do the Natural Sciences and Marbles in one day before, but that was one long day to get through. They are both within walking distance of each other. I'd do Marbles over Natural Sciences.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Marla Dorell is the park where kids Together Playground is located (Thurston drive, cary) and the playground re-opens on April 17th. It is very close to your hotel and I would highly recommend it. Also I will jump on the Marbles bandwagon. It is in downtown Raleigh but not a bad trip from where you are staying. My kids are similar ages and LOVE it and the admission is quite reasonable for a family ($5 per person).

You can visit the Town of Cary Website and look at the events calendar to see if there are any festivals that weekend.

Another fun park is the RDU observation park. It is great to see the planes take off and land.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 AM

5 posts, read 4,042 times
My kids (6 and 3) love Lake Johnson on Avent Ferry Rd. in Raleigh - it's less than 10 minutes from your Laquinta. We love renting pedal boats there, seeing tons of ducks, lovely trails around the lake and a long wooden bridge crossing the lake!
Castle playground in apex (1609 Kelly Road) is also lots of fun and of course Pullen park that was mentioned (sunday mornings tend to be less crowded..)
Have fun down here!

Old 04-11-2014, 05:26 PM

129 posts, read 179,064 times
Marbles instead of Life Science. For sure!!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Pullen Park is in Raleigh. Bond Park is in Raleigh. You could take your dog to both. Pullen has a train, a carousel, a pond with paddle boats and a nice playground and sand and water area.

Duke Gardens - I think it's a bit closer than the museum (not positive on that). That would be good for the kids. Not sure if you can take the dog.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Pullen Park is in Raleigh. Bond Park is in Raleigh. You could take your dog to both. Pullen has a train, a carousel, a pond with paddle boats and a nice playground and sand and water area.

Duke Gardens - I think it's a bit closer than the museum (not positive on that). That would be good for the kids. Not sure if you can take the dog.
OP - Bond Park is in Cary off of High House Road - this is a great idea suggestion, to head to places where you can bring the dog. You can pack also pack a lunch to take with you to these parks, there are plenty of spots to settle down for a picnic.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:03 AM

38 posts, read 140,814 times
How about Duke Lemur Center

Tours | Duke Lemur Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary