Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:01 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
You'll love returning TWC equipment on Atlantic Ave. I bought my own modem and registered it, pretty easy. Twice I have made the trip to return their modem. Line out the door. The next attempt will be to get there 5 minutes before they open.

TWC has too much power in the market place. Not enough competition. Reminds me of utilities and healthcare two other areas lacking competition.
I waited an hour and a half to pick up a DVR for my daughter.

TWC has added some staff at Atlantic Ave, but it's still slow.

As folks returned their equipment, the clerks tried to keep them with a better deal.

We need re-regulation of cable as well as the airlines. These creeps are laughing at us as they think up new ways to screw us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 06:02 AM

621 posts, read 981,663 times
Complaining and venting appear to be adequate therapy. Since I would not accept being told my earnings potential is capped at $x, neither should any company providing nonessential services. A consumer has a choice to severe the TV subscription.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:03 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
You'll love returning TWC equipment on Atlantic Ave. I bought my own modem and registered it, pretty easy. Twice I have made the trip to return their modem. Line out the door. The next attempt will be to get there 5 minutes before they open.
You will need to be a little earlier than that. I was there 15 minutes before they opened, and there were already a couple of folks ahead of me.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:17 AM

451 posts, read 1,157,017 times
Directv! Myabe goes out 2-3x per year for 10 minutes. The DVR list takes care of those times.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:23 AM

43 posts, read 86,762 times
We felt the same way when we had Dish. To fight back you need to cut the cord. We did it several years ago and while we may miss some premium content such as HBO shows it sure feels better than the constant abuse we had to endure.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
We're streaming more and more desired content. Give it time...bundle cable tv will soon be a thing of the past.

(until the next 'thing' blooms into just as bad an evil)

Old 04-15-2014, 06:41 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thElement View Post
We felt the same way when we had Dish. To fight back you need to cut the cord. We did it several years ago and while we may miss some premium content such as HBO shows it sure feels better than the constant abuse we had to endure.
...and most of it is available on Netflix for $9/mo within a short time. That which is not can be purchased in many ways for cheap, much cheaper than your cable bill.

Unless you are a dire sports fanatic, there is really no reason to pay for cable.

Netflix: $9/mo
Chromecast: $35 1-time fee
Bike to clear my head: A few hundred dollars, and worth it
Piece of mind: Priceless!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Charging for the onscreen guide is pretty lame, even for TWC.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:10 AM

273 posts, read 911,596 times
""Analog has no guide. There is the TV Guide channel (5) included in Analog and supported by advertising, not fees.""

I use basic Analog. Then I use my tablet or smart phone --with a charm or bookmarker-- set to the Time Warner Channel Guide and scroll through the channels (it is MUCH faster and searchable). Beats waiting for the Channel guide to scroll. Makes analog tolerable but admittedly I am not a tv junkie so I get by.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:17 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Charging for the onscreen guide is pretty lame, even for TWC.
That's what happens when corporate execs start scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for new revenue streams when the paid subscription CATV subscriber base continues to shrink. Just wait until they impose a tiered pricing structure for monthly internet bandwidth usage which will directly affect streaming users and give TWC a bigger piece of the pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary