Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 PM

30 posts, read 124,920 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately in the past my husband and I have gone through some bad times with our bills and credit because of lost jobs. Now we are in a better position and have paid off past debt and desperately need a new car. Our 10 year old car bit the dust and what we are finding is that we cannot get approved at a traditional dealership even though we have done our best to improve our credit. I realize it is just a waiting game, but until then does anyone know of a dealership besides Deacon Jones that specializes in bad credit car loans? I am looking for something reputable that will not rip me off because of past bad history. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:18 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,159,963 times
Try Don Jenkins Ford.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,128 times
Matthew Motors in Clayton (off of hwy 70) will. I think the only thing is, you might get a higher mileage car and they install a GPS unit in the car in case you dont pay.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,128 times
Whoops! Also forgot to mention...

Since you did mention the bad credit thing, you are also subject to fall victim to a "Spot Delivery Scam". They tend to prey on the people who do have bad credit, because the dealers feel like the person buying the car will do whatever it takes to get a car..anyway, EDUCATE YOURSELF before buying a car. Chances are, you will be financing on the lot which just opens the door for scummy dealers (even some of the well known ones out there!) to take advantage of you.

North Carolina Lemon Law (http://www.nclemonlaw.com/yoyo.htm - broken link)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 AM

Very true.

DO NOT TAKE THE CAR UNTIL THE BANK APPROVES THE LOAN.

If you can, see if a credit union can pre-approve you. They are more understanding.

Beware of Buy Here, Pay Here dealers.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:40 AM
mzd

419 posts, read 886,787 times
Do take a look at the discussion forums on creditboards.com. There is a lot of sound advice there on how to repair or improve your credit score, and how to handle the purchase of a house or a car with poor credit.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Thank you all for your help! I'll check out the credit board as well as the lemon law. I appreciate it!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM

22 posts, read 119,768 times
I would encourage you to get your current car fixed if you cannot buy a new one with cash. What's wrong with it?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 PM

It needs so many things - like a catalytic (sp?) converter and a um... a part that I can't remember that costs about $300 as well as a new windshield thanks to a truck in front of me and probably new brakes as well. All total my quote was for over $2000 at 3 various mechanics. Unfortunately I just don't have that kind of money

Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM

If you deal with some of these bottom feeding dealers, you just might wind up with worse than you have now.

Don Jenkins Ford helped me in 1992 when I had slammed credit because of a layoff and bankruptcy. They approved me for a new Ford at rates that weren't off the scale.

Tougher now because of the credit crunch, but try them.

Also, Saturn of Raleigh is owned by a very decent Christian and might be able to work with you.

Try Jenkins first. If your salaries are good, you may be able to drive off in a new car with a factory warranty unstead of a worn out piece of trash.

A decent down payment will be a big plus in getting you financed.

Good luck from one who's been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary