Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 AM

187 posts, read 345,458 times

Advertisements

I am single, in my mid-50s and live in N Raleigh. I would second the recommendation that you consider the Heritage area of Wake Forest. It's clean, safe, convenient to shopping, and has a variety of housing options.

Personally, I'd rather leave Raleigh that live in the Brier Creek area. Yes, it's geographically convenient, but it's very congested and - in my opinion - doesn't have much character. Very cookie cutter and same/same, but it would be the traffic that would bug me the most, although there is traffic everywhere, BC just seems to have more than its share. And all the big box stores....

Also look at the Lead Mine/Strickland/Six Forks area of N Raleigh. I love where I live - can walk to grocery shopping, movies, restaurants, ice cream, etc. Close to a bus line. And I have the BEST neighbors.

Good luck in your move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:51 PM

18 posts, read 24,930 times
Default Meeting people

Hi DanielMartin,

I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

- K

Old 08-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Sweetelf, thanks for the suggestions on where to look to live in the Raleigh area. I am focusing on N. Raleigh and east Raleigh (Auston Grove Apts is in East Raleigh; looks nice and has good reviews).

- K

Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Moved to Wakefield - update

I arrived in Wakefield off of Falls of Neuse Rd in December and really like it. Good location, beautiful area near Wake Forest.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 PM

147 posts, read 230,341 times
Klstirn; I see that your post is just over a year old now. How have things been working out on your move? We are in our 50s too and we are moving to the area next month after having visited there a few times over the years, it seems to have all the right things for us. I am just curious to see how you like it. What caused you to decide against Brier Creek in general? Thank you in advance!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Hi barbiloo,

Actually, I first posted my thread in August of 2014, so it's only 6 months old. I visited in September and the apartment I found in Wakefield had a lakeview and a top floor apartment available in December so I nabbed it. I looked at the Bexley at Brier Creek, which was extremely nice, but a bit out of my price range. I really liked what I saw of Brier Creek (a bit more congested I think?), so it was a hard decision. There were many nice areas I looked at. This whole place is beautiful! I've been in Wakefield since December 7, just off of Falls of Neuse Road, and really like it. I'm by myself here with 2 cats, but have met a couple of people who I am becoming acquainted with. If you'd like to stay in touch I would love to hear from you again, especially as I'm a newbie here. Feel free to send me a private email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary