Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,318,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
We were planning to try Thai Cafe in Wake Forest after reading about it on another thread, but after seeing it on WRAL this week with an 86.5, we will be taking a pass.
They were evidently reporting on an inspection in April. Looking at the Wake County web site, they've since been inspected again, and are back up to 93 - where they had previously been. This makes me feel better, since I ate there a couple of weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM

236 posts, read 558,505 times
I always check the grade at every restaurant or fast food place we go too. A score of 93 or 92 then I would probably walk out. I posted a thread a couple months ago about the Johnny Carrino's in Brier Creek. They had a score of 86, but when you walked in you could only see the "6". The 8 was hidden by a big red Christmas bow. I ended up calling the inspection people because it's illegal to hide a sanitation grade to the public. I don't know, maybe just my background of being in the medical field and working in a hospital lab, has made me more conscious to sanitation, bacteria, and disease.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:40 AM

84 posts, read 128,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
I ended up calling the inspection people because it's illegal to hide a sanitation grade to the public. I don't know, maybe just my background of being in the medical field and working in a hospital lab, has made me more conscious to sanitation, bacteria, and disease.

So what was the outcome of your call? As an aside.... what hospital lab do you work in?? Hopefully mine!

Old 07-01-2014, 05:34 AM

9,156 posts, read 14,815,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I don't think about it either. I worked in Restuarants for a long time (as a Chef/Kitchen Manager) and the scores are so bogus it really means nothing. It's good that they inspect, it keeps people honest and motivated, but I don't look, and have eaten many B's when I notice them.

Honestly, a B score could be the cleanest place you ever ate. And an A could be the place to give you food poisoning.

More importantly, good food is good food. Can anyone tell me the last time someone died of nastiness in an NC restuarant? Serious question.

This times a thousand.

And if people think that there are no roaches in your favorite A rated place, keep dreaming.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,631,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
This times a thousand.

And if people think that there are no roaches in your favorite A rated place, keep dreaming.
I know, but it's easier to fool ourselves with the A.

I never used to think much about it, but then I watched Kitchen Nightmares.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 AM

43,449 posts, read 77,411,003 times
I had an uncle who was legendary for walking into an eatery, straight to the restroom, and if the restroom didn't pass muster, he moved on.
I've eaten in a few places and then gone to the restroom and thought I wished I had used his method....

Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,298,470 times
When Hubby was in college, he worked part time at a restaurant.

Once, he dropped a whole roast beef, was in the process of picking it up and throwing it away. Manager came over to him and told him to wipe it off and serve it!

If you knew half the stuff that goes in behind the scenes of restaurants, you'd never eat out!

So, if it makes you feel better to look at the score, have at it!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:48 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,631,900 times
I worked at a small cafe in NJ very briefly. The day I served the plate of fries with roaches was the clue that I didn't want to be there (forgot if they were dead - assume they were) - when I picked up the coffee mugs to clean the shelf and baby roaches came out, that did me in (that and the owner's non-reaction)

Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 AM

43,449 posts, read 77,411,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I worked at a small cafe in NJ very briefly. The day I served the plate of fries with roaches was the clue that I didn't want to be there (forgot if they were dead - assume they were) - when I picked up the coffee mugs to clean the shelf and baby roaches came out, that did me in (that and the owner's non-reaction)
Vegan? Vegans should work only vegan beaneries...

Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 AM

1,703 posts, read 2,601,373 times
> If you knew half the stuff that goes in behind the scenes of restaurants, you'd never eat out!

Broom Hilda Comic Strip, July 01, 2014 on GoComics.com

Last edited by danielbmartin; 07-01-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary