Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM

304 posts, read 369,810 times

Advertisements

I went to a game once at PNC Arena, and swore I'd avoid going back again because of the cramped, packed-in seating that seems to have been designed to accommodate folks 5 foot nothing or under, I was miserably uncomfortable.

About a decade later, against my better judgment and hoping something might have changed, I went to a concert there. Huge mistake.

So my question, for those who have found comfort in this place (ruling out the option of amputating both of my legs so I can fit in the seats) -- is there a particular seating option I might be able to choose where I am not elbow-to-elbow with people stepping on my toes and climbing over each other to get to the restroom?

I ask because every now and then they have concert events there I would like to see. If I get a ridiculously priced seat down near the stage, will I have a better experience? I found the opposite to be true at Walnut Creek or whatever they're calling it these days. The closer I've sat to the stage the more miserable I was (too dense), so I'm wondering if the situation is reversed with the PNC arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 11:26 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdocstr View Post
I went to a game once at PNC Arena, and swore I'd avoid going back again because of the cramped, packed-in seating that seems to have been designed to accommodate folks 5 foot nothing or under, I was miserably uncomfortable.

About a decade later, against my better judgment and hoping something might have changed, I went to a concert there. Huge mistake.

So my question, for those who have found comfort in this place (ruling out the option of amputating both of my legs so I can fit in the seats) -- is there a particular seating option I might be able to choose where I am not elbow-to-elbow with people stepping on my toes and climbing over each other to get to the restroom?

I ask because every now and then they have concert events there I would like to see. If I get a ridiculously priced seat down near the stage, will I have a better experience? I found the opposite to be true at Walnut Creek or whatever they're calling it these days. The closer I've sat to the stage the more miserable I was (too dense), so I'm wondering if the situation is reversed with the PNC arena.
I've not found PNC (thought I still call in RBC out of habit...lol) to be any better or worse than any other venue for seating. To be honest...it sounds like you just don't like crowded seating...and that is just what you have to deal with if you attend events.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I've not found PNC (thought I still call in RBC out of habit...lol) to be any better or worse than any other venue for seating. To be honest...it sounds like you just don't like crowded seating...and that is just what you have to deal with if you attend events.
My first post made it pretty clear that I felt the seating away from the stage at Walnut Creek was fine.

Can anyone with some value to contribute chime in?

Old 07-04-2014, 01:25 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,238,904 times
Quote:
My first post made it pretty clear that I felt the seating away from the stage at Walnut Creek was fine.

Can anyone with some value to contribute chime in?
Say what? " The closer I've sat to the stage the more miserable I was (too dense), so I'm wondering if the situation is reversed with the PNC arena."

That did not say you felt any seating was OK. Happy 4th of July!

Old 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Say what? " The closer I've sat to the stage the more miserable I was (too dense), so I'm wondering if the situation is reversed with the PNC arena."

That did not say you felt any seating was OK. Happy 4th of July!
That would mean that the further he sits from the stage, the more comfortable he was.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
That would mean that the further he sits from the stage, the more comfortable he was.
Thank you, that is correct. At Walnut Creek I didn't feel crammed in as long as I got a seat farther back.

I have less experience at the PNC venue, so I'm wondering about parts of the seating area I have not been in.

I'm always astonished how eager and willing people are to participate in flame wars or and fling their own ego-agendas into the mix (so eager that they forego basic reading skills at times) but the traditional act of asking a simple question and expecting a helpful answer is becoming a lost art on the Internet.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:35 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,165,745 times
I'm 6-3" and the only seats I find uncomfortable are the ones right against a wall or railing. I do NOT like to sit on the front row of a section, if it puts me against a railing, like above the "zamboni tunnel" or player entrance tunnels, etc. I also do not like the rows of seating near the bottom of the lower bowl that have concrete walls in front of them. But it's not as uncomfortable as the railings. Otherwise, I find that Ihave plenty of room, as much as can be expected in an arena setting. The most roomy seating in the building is in the 3rd level, first row on the "glass", which are reserved as handicap seating. The seats are actually folding chairs, and they have as much room as any person could ask for, nobody sitting in front of you, and no one stepping on you to walk by, as people walk behind you. The only thing in front of you is a glass wall. Best seats in the house in my opinion. They are only available in the ends of the building, sections 330-333 and there are some on the other end, around section 312 or 313 I think. These are ALL owned as STH seats for hockey now. You used to be able to buy them as a walkup on game days, but no longer. I'm sure if you requested handicap accessible seating for concerts, you could get plenty of room. They also have some around the very top of the lower bowl, that are usually reserved for wheelchairs, etc.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Club Level. There are only 4-5 rows, the seats a bit bigger and bathrooms, concessions, etc less crowded.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Further back from the stage is the lawn...and let's face it...you aren't going to find any indoor venue that gives as much space as that.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you, that is correct. At Walnut Creek I didn't feel crammed in as long as I got a seat farther back.

I have less experience at the PNC venue, so I'm wondering about parts of the seating area I have not been in.

I'm always astonished how eager and willing people are to participate in flame wars or and fling their own ego-agendas into the mix (so eager that they forego basic reading skills at times) but the traditional act of asking a simple question and expecting a helpful answer is becoming a lost art on the Internet.
Oh none of the above. It's just that all seats at venues (short of the lawn at Walnut) are going to be close to the same. If you have that many problems at that many places...honestly, short of loge seating probably isn't going to make you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary