Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 07:44 PM
rfx rfx started this thread

1 posts, read 1,280 times

Advertisements

Hello! We just moved to NC and have rented a town home in morrisville for several months while we house hunt. We have two young daughters so are happy about the good wake county schools here. The biggest limiting factor in where we live is my commute, which will be to northern Durham, so morrisville, northern Cary or some Cary,apex addresses close to the highway make my commute close to 30 min, which is do-able.

We are currently considering two very different houses, a newer gorgeous house with lots of beautiful upgrades in Cary park on a tiny lot where you can hear the cars on the highway, and an older house in haddon hall that has a bigger lot and good floor plan but needs some work (but is priced accordingly so we could afford the upgrades). Any info on either of these neighborhoods or advice on newer vs older houses in the Cary,apex area would be very much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,256 times
I like Haddon Hall, they have some great layouts in there. A friend owns a home there and I love the house, the layout is so functional and great for entertaining. Location wise, it is close to 64 and Beaver Creek Commons as well as 540

Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
You can do almost anything you want to a house but make the lot bigger or move it away from a highway.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
You can do almost anything you want to a house but make the lot bigger or move it away from a highway.
...or move it closer to work.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:56 AM

528 posts, read 935,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx View Post
Hello! We just moved to NC and have rented a town home in morrisville for several months while we house hunt. We have two young daughters so are happy about the good wake county schools here. The biggest limiting factor in where we live is my commute, which will be to northern Durham, so morrisville, northern Cary or some Cary,apex addresses close to the highway make my commute close to 30 min, which is do-able.

We are currently considering two very different houses, a newer gorgeous house with lots of beautiful upgrades in Cary park on a tiny lot where you can hear the cars on the highway, and an older house in haddon hall that has a bigger lot and good floor plan but needs some work (but is priced accordingly so we could afford the upgrades). Any info on either of these neighborhoods or advice on newer vs older houses in the Cary,apex area would be very much appreciated!!!
Hi - welcome to NC!

If it were me, and you like the Haddon Hall location as well as Cary Park, then I'd take the HH home. I don't know how long of a commute HH would be. As Funky Chicken pointed out, you can also upgrade the house, but you can't ever fix the lot or proximity to the road. We chose our last house on its build quality/features - and it that way it's been a wonderful home - but we don't like the location and now wish we had chosen something we could remodel vs having to move.

Good luck with your decision. Lots of good choices out there!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
...or move it closer to work.
Checkmate.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:44 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,017 times
I've been living in Haddon Hall since 2001. Love, love, love.

Positives:
1) Love the location. Beaver Creek shopping is right across the street. Everything you need, even stores like Homegoods, Tuesday Morning, Kirklands. Lowes and Home Depot when you need to do home improvement.
2) Costco is coming on HW 64 two blocks down the road.
3) Lots are bigger compared to West Cary, avg 0.25 and above.
4) Good schools. Lots of kids in the community.
5) Great HOA, swim, tennis, lots of community events.
6) Easy access to HW 64 to Jordan Lake/Crossroads/DT Raleigh, I540 toll to get to North Raleigh/Durham.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Haddon Hall, hands down (given the info you provided here).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary