Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 02:35 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times

Advertisements

I think I've started four about countertops.

Thought I had it all settled, perhaps foolishly decided to buy through Lowe's because of a good sale on a specific granite I wanted. Went to look at slab, loved it, loved the big swoosh of black through it, went to Lowe's to pay and salesperson told me they may not pattern match on either side of the seam.

What?!

So it was possible I could be paying for the swoosh to be abruptly cut at the seam and another shade on the other side of the seam? She took me over to a display granite that wasn't pattern matched at all and she said it looked great. No! Awful. looked like bad DIY.

Back to drawing board.

Seeing as Jason at Polished Edge seems to have disappeared (from what I can read) - anyone have Sensa by Silestone installed and/or had to pattern match as much as possible and have a recommendation?

I may go back to Mogastone - I didn't like the slabs on their lot but from what I understand they take pride in workmanship. Thanks

Southern Ideal Home Show is coming up in three weeks - I should just wait

Last edited by NM posts; 09-06-2014 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 02:49 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
We used City Rock by Vostone in Brier Creek. Very happy with selection and quality of their work. Here is their link:

kitchen granite countertops, CityRock by VoStone Inc. Raleigh, NC Intro Page

Here's a link to their gallery.
kitchen granite countertops, CityRock Countertops Inc., Raleigh, NC Raleigh, NC Slabs Gallery

Old 09-06-2014, 03:19 PM

679 posts, read 810,177 times
I was very happy with Cary Granite for our granite countertops. We picked a slab from their yard, but you they can also get slabs from any of the granite warehouses so you don't have to be limited to just what they have in stock.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Thanks both! I wish that when I went to look at the slab we'd talked about where it would be cut. I also wish I thought to insist on that. I'm not really confident about this Lowe's salesperson so better that I go directly to a granite company.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I spoke to Jason last week. They closed the store but he is still The Polished Edge. Call him at 919-637-6800 or email him at the_polished_edge@yahoo.com.

He also does tile.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:40 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
We used City Rock by Vostone in Brier Creek. Very happy with selection and quality of their work. Here is their link:

kitchen granite countertops, CityRock by VoStone Inc. Raleigh, NC Intro Page

Here's a link to their gallery.
kitchen granite countertops, CityRock Countertops Inc., Raleigh, NC Raleigh, NC Slabs Gallery
For a variety of personal and professional reasons, I'm quite familiar with granite quality and fabrication - more than most consumers. I've recently seen two jobs done by this company and the material AND fabrication was top notch. I suspect their prices were on the high side, but when it comes to granite, you get what you pay for.

If you love natural stone (as I do) don't settle for quartz. You'll never forgive yourself.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Thanks - I think I like quartz more, actually, it's just usually more expensive. I'm not crazy about a lot of granite, but I do like this one I found - it just seems so odd that you go to put thousands of dollars into something and everyone (including now the fabricator) is saying it could end up mismatching after (I have an L-shaped kitchen). I mean, I feel like it could be photoshopped quite easily.

I had previously talked myself into laminate and may just say the hell with it and go that way after all. Grr.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:04 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
We could not be more satisfied with Silestone from Home Depot we got recently. I built the new kitchen island and they came out and measured and made the installation about a week later. We're about to finish the kitchen redo including more Silestone over the counters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary