Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:19 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times

Advertisements

Try finding the WF Red Robin some time. Just bad planning from a town growing way too fast.

Years ago, Capital became very rural and peaceful once you passed Mini-City heading to WF.

Growth is no good unless living in a NJ is your cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
Thank you PDXmom..you're so sweet.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Try finding the WF Red Robin some time. Just bad planning from a town growing way too fast.

Years ago, Capital became very rural and peaceful once you passed Mini-City heading to WF.

Growth is no good unless living in a NJ is your cup of tea.
Have to disagree with you here, Saturn.
I just LOVE that the stores are set back off Capital behind buffers of trees & up on hills... yes it is hard to find things at first but that streetscape is so much nicer than farther south where it is all concrete & signs & stores. It makes the initial disorientation well worth it for me!

Last edited by NYer; 01-02-2008 at 09:14 PM..

Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
LOL I just hope and pray my sons dont get some NC accent.

Gee, and y'all wonder why "transplants" get such a bad reputation sometimes.

Sheesh. (And I don't care if you WERE kidding. You wouldn't say "I hope my kids don't make friends with black/Hispanic people LOL!" even if you were kidding, were you?) When you can learn to stop being so patronizing to the NATIVE accents, then you'll be accepted here, but until you lose the attitude, don't count on it.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 PM

13 posts, read 53,729 times
Default Now where is that neighborhood!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
That is wonderful to hear!

I too, feel at home and very much at peace with our decision to move from Colorado to North Carolina in 2007. Like you, we've had moments especially in this holiday season of "Wow...last year at Christmas moving to NC was just a hope, a dream...and here we are!".

I don't think I will ever move from North Carolina. It's perfect...it's got the mountains and the ocean. It's a very easy drive to our hometown in Maryland. The girls are loving the closeness to all their favorite East Coast vacation places. WDW, NYC, Williamsburg.

Our neighborhood, I didn't think existed anymore! Kids roam all day, getting dirty, riding bikes, building forts. Parents meet together outside in the evenings to chat. We love it, we are here to stay!
That is EXACTLY THE TYPE OF NEIGHBORHOOD I WANT TO BE IN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary