Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

the pay lots are $15 this year - at least the one on Trinity was.

Fairgoing/ride traffic was completely manageable until the sun went down today, and then the crowds began picking up clearly at 6 pm. We left at 8 after a long and fabulous day wandering around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Do you mean shuttle tickets or fair tickets? You can't buy shuttle tickets at the fairgrounds only at the shuttle locations and I don't believe you can buy them online. You just go to one of the shuttle stops and buy them there, they are only round trip.
I bought fair tickets at Triangle Town Center then stopped by the Park and Ride stop to get bus tickets.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:56 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,031,370 times
Just a reminder for next year. Buy tickets online before fair opens. They are half the price even including service fee. Never wait till day of. Ride tickrts are .50 compared to $1 each. BIG Difference. Also no waiting in lines. If you overbuy you can resale them easily.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:15 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,774 times
We got there at 11 this morning and parked in the Carter-Finley lot for free. There were some lots selling spaces for $15 and $10, but it wasn't much further to the free one. A bit of a walk to get to the gate, but we needed the exercise. Already had tickets so we breezed right in, which is kind of nice.

The one thing I wish the fair had more of is tech exhibits. With RTP nearby and so many world-class universities, you'd think there'd be some cooler stuff. I know it's traditionally agricultural, but I've been to other fairs that had virtual reality stuff and the like. Ah well - just my .02. Had a good time regardless.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:32 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Just a reminder for next year. Buy tickets online before fair opens. They are half the price even including service fee. Never wait till day of. Ride tickrts are .50 compared to $1 each. BIG Difference. Also no waiting in lines. If you overbuy you can resale them easily.
Buying tickets at the physical locations, if convenient, saves the fees for doing it online.

We use the one at Triangle Town Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary