Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 02:27 PM

814 posts, read 2,007,230 times

Advertisements

The NC Center for Voter Education website allows you to create a ballot based on your address, and pulls up bios for each candidate My Ballot — 2014 N.C. Voter Guide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 08:18 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,049 times
I have had people that were very serious about no phones in the booth. I always print a copy of my exact ballot, fill it out, and bring it with me which is allowed. Also helps to know /who what I will need to vote on. It helps me research a little at a time. I just do a candidate or two a night before I move on to something less depressing

https://www.ncsbe.gov/webapps/voter_search/

Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
I've been doing this for years.
Choose an unbiased website that lets me do the research, matching my specific ballet, do the research, choose my selections, and then prints out a "marked" sample ballet.

Then I walk in, pull out my marked ballet, transfer over the choices, and walk out. It makes the actual voting process a snap, and super quick, (even with me always double-checking my selections).

Then pat yourself on the back for voting!!!

My feeling is:
"If you don't vote, you haven't earned your most important right as a citizen. Your right to complain!"

Old 10-27-2014, 01:42 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
Phones are not supposed to be allowed inside the voting area. So print out a guide from a group or publication you like, and take it with you. You can certainly take cheat sheets. I often make them for friends and my hubby for the judges races...
I do the same and I write in big letters on the back of the sheet : I HAVE ALREADY MADE UP MY MIND so when they attack you as you walk to the polling place, you can just hold it up. IT is worse at the early voting sites as since there are fewer of them, there is usually a person there for each candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
The NC Center for Voter Education website allows you to create a ballot based on your address, and pulls up bios for each candidate My Ballot — 2014 N.C. Voter Guide
You can try this one also. They did not have bio info on all my candidates, but most at least. http://ncvoterguide.org/

I just realized they actually go the same place, you just linked from a page further in.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:23 PM

656 posts, read 1,208,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
First time voter so excuse my ignorance
Can you take a cheat sheet of the candidates you want to vote for inside the voting booth? There are so many seats & its difficult to keep track. Wanted to printout the sample ballot, mark it up & take it as a cheat sheet when voting:
https://www.ncsbe.gov/webapps/voter_...eid=78&bs=G008

PS: Any present or future candidates reading this, please take time to write a biography & make a website when contesting for elections. Its difficult to decide whom to vote for when I could hardly find any info on you online. Sorry to say this but I am leaning more towards candidates who took time to atleast write a biography on ncvoterguide.org & are hosting websites to list details about their education, work experience. Its very cheap to host a website.
Fantastic IDEA! I hope someone sees this. It would be great to have a website, just enter your zipcode and asks bunch of questions that is debated: like same sex marriage, immigration, foreign policy, environmental, health care, education etc etc and then based on your input, print the list of candidates who support the options you choose!! The print should have quotes from both candidates for/against your options so you can verify if the choices are right!

Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
PS: Any present or future candidates reading this, please take time to write a biography & make a website when contesting for elections. Its difficult to decide whom to vote for when I could hardly find any info on you online. Sorry to say this but I am leaning more towards candidates who took time to atleast write a biography on ncvoterguide.org & are hosting websites to list details about their education, work experience. Its very cheap to host a website.
Wow, what common sense!

Unfortunately, so much of politics is mudslinging and negativity, and trying to avoid being taken out of context, that I imagine candidates are afraid to put themselves on the record as supporting X because the next thing they know, they'll be quoted in flyers by the opposition's flyers twisting their statement into the most negative message possible. But you're right, when I'm researching candidates and a judicial amount of searching and reading their own sites (which sometimes they don't even have) doesn't provide me with needed info, I won't vote for them (this is usually regarding the minor races, of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: