Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 07:41 PM

48 posts, read 128,745 times

Advertisements

I'm considering joining Raleigh CC and I'm wondering if anyone else is a current member and can tell me how the Heritage membership through McConnell golf works? Meaning what is the initiation fee, monthly dues, food and drink minimum, etc.? Also, is it a family membership or an individual? I'm assuming it is the same at all their clubs so maybe someone that is a member at TPC Wakefield or Treyburn can provide some info as well?

I emailed the membership contact person on their website and I doubt I'll get a reply before Monday, so I thought perhaps I could get some info here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 09:05 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
You won't get a reply before Monday, and it well could be Tuesday as most of the club's functions are closed on Monday. I am sure you'll hear from Laurie Stephens then though - if you want to PM me, then I'll make sure she does on Tuesday.

There are 3 classes of membership at RCC - social, full golf, and (currently) golf + North Hills Club reciprocal.

Social is about $260/month, Full golf is about $550/mo, and I *think* the North Hills is an extra $150 if you get one of the spots.

Food/beverage minimum is $65/month.

I don't know the initiation fee offhand, nor do I know what the Heritage class is - but again, if you pm me then I'll be happy to discuss further.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:55 AM

48 posts, read 128,745 times
Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any of the other golf clubs or country clubs in the Triangle area? Any good membership deals going on out there? From what I've heard, Chapel Ridge is a great course and the cost is very low compared to some others I've looks at, but the downside is it is about 45 minutes away from my house. Even for the low cost I don't know if it would be worth it to join somewhere that far away when I have several other options much closer to home (albeit for more money...).

Old 10-27-2014, 06:36 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,937,653 times
Chapel Ridge is not a private course. Right now they have a $1,000 initiation and $165/month deal going on. That gets you The Preserve also.

Prestonwood is in Cary, private and their initiation is $23,000 (non-equity) but if you pay it in 3 years it drops to ~ $18,000. Get's you 3 courses. I think it's ~ $450/month.

Brier Creek is private, ~ $7,000 initiation and ~ $450/month. They have some type of deal going on now and if you email them, they will get you the info.

I think Hasentree is closed to new members unless you buy a home there. But, doesn't hurt to ask.

If you are looking for public courses, plenty have "membership" opportunities.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:29 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,924,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Chapel Ridge is not a private course. Right now they have a $1,000 initiation and $165/month deal going on. That gets you The Preserve also.

Prestonwood is in Cary, private and their initiation is $23,000 (non-equity) but if you pay it in 3 years it drops to ~ $18,000. Get's you 3 courses. I think it's ~ $450/month.

Brier Creek is private, ~ $7,000 initiation and ~ $450/month. They have some type of deal going on now and if you email them, they will get you the info.

I think Hasentree is closed to new members unless you buy a home there. But, doesn't hurt to ask.

If you are looking for public courses, plenty have "membership" opportunities.
The preserve is also replacing their greens with Championship bermuda in June. You also get Falls Village with Chapel Ridge and the Preserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary