Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2006, 06:23 PM

8 posts, read 23,131 times

Advertisements

I am a nurse from mass. My husband and I have been looking into the clayton area especially walker woods in flowers plantation. We have two children 7 and 9 so schools are very important. This area looks very nice. Does anyone know first hand about flowers plantation or other good subdivisions in clayton? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM

22 posts, read 130,724 times
Flowers Plantation is beautiful, especially Walker Woods and a new one part of Flowers, Taft Woods. Taft is brand spanken new so alot of construction yet to come. The schools are either River Dell or East Clayton for Elementary Riverwood Middle and Clayton High School. I live in Riverwood Athletic club. There is also the Golf course side. My kids will go to Riverwood Elem. Riverwood Middle and clayton HS. Elem and middle are right on our grounds along with an indoor pool, 3 outdoor pools, a gym, some stores and walking trails and a lake. Townhomes from 150's to Custom Homes over 500,000. It's all about the convience of the schools being right there and they do a bunch of activities for families especially around the holidays. Tax rate in The athletic club side is 1.27, Golf course side is about .86 and Flowers is lower at around .86 per thousand as well. Most Flowers people pay a montly membership fee to belong to Riverwood Athletic club anyway so it makes up the difference in the higher taxes being paid for living right there. I pay 50 a month for all the pools, gym, golf after 3pm and maintenence of the common grounds. Walker Woods has beautiful curb appeal on alot of there lots. Hope this helped! Flowers is about 5 miles away from Riverwood Athletic Club and from what I understand, the schools are excellent greatschools.net adn people specifically move to Riverwood for there schools. Of course anything could change at anytime!

Old 11-03-2006, 06:06 AM

214 posts, read 702,002 times
I recently moved from Mass to Clayton. We bought a house in Glen Laurel which is in the same general area that Flowers is in. My best advice to you is to come here and see the areas. Flowers has very nice homes as does Riverwood. You would be able to find something in whatever price range you are in. We picked Glen Laurel because it was a more established development with more mature landscaping. We were able to get a slightly larger lot (1/2 acre) that was not on top on the neighbors though still not as much land as we would have liked. Glen Laurel has a golf course and a pool but Riverwood definitely offers more in the way of amenities. You should also be advised that Clayton is building rapidly in the general area (Flowers and Glen Laurel continue to expand and there is a couple more developments going up right on GLen Laurel Road). One of the elementary schools (East Clayton) is the most overcrowded and will only continue to grow with all these new developments. I have a daughter in second grade at East Clyton- she is in one of the "cottages" in the back and has just 15 kids in her class at the moment. This is far less than she has ever had back in Mass. I also have an 8th grader at Riverwood Middle. Overall I am very happy with the schools thus far and the general area. Good luck with your search!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:22 AM

22 posts, read 130,724 times
Jamieshel88..is it true that if you live in Glen Laurel, the utility bills are crazy? My neighbor moved from there and she said they were up there compared to Riverwood. Just curious because my bro was looking in Glen Laurel for the same reasons you like it. My progress Energy bill was 88 this month...we don't go through the town of Clayton.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:09 PM

12 posts, read 33,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharond View Post
I am a nurse from mass. My husband and I have been looking into the clayton area especially walker woods in flowers plantation. We have two children 7 and 9 so schools are very important. This area looks very nice. Does anyone know first hand about flowers plantation or other good subdivisions in clayton? Thanks.
Hello Sharond,

I live in Clayton, moved there last February from MD/WDC. I fell in love with the house location but the neighborhood turned out to be a nightmare.

Beware of subdivisions and their rules & regulations. Some of them seem straight out of St Quentin's resident book. Read the CC&Rs CAREFULLY. Beware of cheating realtors too. I should not have been so trusting but I fell for it and I was swindled. Have the property boundaries surveyed BEFORE closing.

I have only driven twice pass Flower Hills plantation and it does look respectable. As a family with school-age children, you should not have too much trouble fitting into your new location.
All the best,
Solange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary