Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 01:44 PM

9 posts, read 25,377 times

Advertisements

Hi - Does anyone live in the Rolesville section of Heritage? Does it feel disconnected from the rest of Heritage and does it lose that Heritage feel? We visited WF about a year ago and loved Heritage. What schools does it go to? What's the speed limit on that part of Rogers Road? Are there plenty of kids in that newer section? We are from out of town and my husband may be accepting a transfer to NC within the next 3-6 months... I'm trying to do some preliminary research. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 04:48 PM

118 posts, read 178,321 times
We actually live in the section known as Heritage Gates in the Rolesville part of Heritage. We love it here and for us it does not lose that connection to Heritage. They have done such a good job designing the neighborhoods, common areas, etc. that it all has the same "feel" no matter what section you live in - some have different styles, some are more family oriented than others, some have townhomes/apts, etc. From my observation the Heritage section in rolesville is VERY family friendly - we see tons of kids out and about and there is a beautiful playground in this section that gets lots of use. The only section that would be the exception to having lots of kids around would be Heritage Gates which is more of an empty nester type neighborhood. I am not sure about schools as we don't have children at home anymore. I think the Rogers rd speed limit is 45 but be sure and try and stay back as far away as you can from Rogers Rd as it is a pretty busy road and sure to get busier!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:12 PM

9 posts, read 25,377 times
Thank you so much!! We ended up making a trip down last week and saw a home on Ambrose Drive with our realtor. You were right, the traffic travels at 45 MPH on Rogers Road, and it is loud from the backyard of the home we saw! Loved the house, but not sure we want to listen to that much traffic everyday.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 PM

379 posts, read 517,860 times
We looked over there as well and really liked it. We saw a couple of gorgeous homes in Majestic Oaks whose backyards faced Rogers Road. They were both priced very nicely. However, our realtor told us that they are planning on expanding Rogers Rd from a two lane road into a four lane road eventually. While standing in the backyard I could hear the cars whizzing by. I can only imagine the traffic and the noise on that road when it does get expanded into a four lane thoroughfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary