Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:37 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,381 times

Advertisements

There's an old factory on I-440 right before the Wake Forest Rd. exit. It used to have "Inland" or something on the side. It sat vacant several years. I've noticed a lot of heavy equipment and digging activity going on the past few months - today I saw "Wake Tech" lettering on the side of the building.

What are they up to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 06:03 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
There's an old factory on I-440 right before the Wake Forest Rd. exit. It used to have "Inland" or something on the side. It sat vacant several years. I've noticed a lot of heavy equipment and digging activity going on the past few months - today I saw "Wake Tech" lettering on the side of the building.

What are they up to?
Another Wake Tech expansion project I guess. That was the old Crown Zellerbach Warehouse. Many years ago at that exact location was "turn one" of The Raleigh Speedway...a lighted super speedway. The first of it's kind

Old 01-11-2015, 07:22 PM

108 posts, read 151,907 times
Is this it?

Beltline Education Center | Wake Technical Community College

Old 01-11-2015, 08:08 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Cool - I've been wondering what was going on

Old 01-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Wow Poggly Woggly! I love learning tidbits like that about the Triangle.

The building has been empty a REALLY long time. I wondered when something would finally go there - and what it would be. It's a great location. I figured it wouldn't remain a factory - not too many factories in Raleigh.

What was Crown Zellerbach?

Old 01-13-2015, 06:32 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:

What was Crown Zellerbach?
Packaging company...cardboard and paper. At least it was when the building was opened. It closed years ago.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:53 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
That's a great location for any business. And is highly visible I'm glad Wake Tech has scooped it up. It really is a great community college, and is very progressive and smart with placement of their campuses and learning centers. The Northern wake campus is amazing and much closer than the nearly Fuquay original campus. I'm hearing they are building a RTP campus as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:30 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Quote:
Wow Poggly Woggly! I love learning tidbits like that about the Triangle.

Here's a neat site about the speedway.

Raleigh Speedway

Old 01-14-2015, 08:34 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Actually the building has not been completely empty. The Lions Club has a production facility where they give jobs to vision impaired people. There is also a roofing or lumber place, but both those are in the back so unless you go down Bush Street or Tarheel Drive, you wouldn't see them.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
That's a great location for any business. And is highly visible I'm glad Wake Tech has scooped it up. It really is a great community college, and is very progressive and smart with placement of their campuses and learning centers. The Northern wake campus is amazing and much closer than the nearly Fuquay original campus. I'm hearing they are building a RTP campus as well.
I'm glad they're doing that, because the trash for-profit schools frequently do this to take advantage of working professionals; it's good Wake Tech (a MUCH more affordable, reputable and legitimate option for education) is following this model. I am actually taking a Spanish class through the school now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary