Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 AM

20 posts, read 74,330 times

Advertisements

Hello. Looking For A League To Put My Son In This Summer. We're From Ohio And Moving In March. Baseball Is His Passion And Want This Experience To Be Good For Him Since It Will Be A New Atmosphere And New People/coaches. Any Rec Centers Or Others In The Chapel Hill Area? Thanks For The Advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM

94 posts, read 433,628 times
Hi, we are looking for the same. Our son is 9 years old, and he plays a great shortstop! Here in Miami, baseball is part of our social scene as well. Anyone with insights please let us know too!

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM

413 posts, read 1,255,113 times
Y'all need to really look in Hillsborough. The HYAA program is VERY organized (last year around 600 participated from as young as 5 thru high school). Some play for traveling teams as well, and OHS has had such a good baseball team in past years that some have been recruited into the minors after HS. Ok...if they aren't that serious about it...it's all for fun anyway, but really different levels. Many wonderful coaches who want to pass on the love of America's greatest pasttime are involved!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 AM

Thanks for the input. How far is the travel time from chapel hill to Hillborough? Getting off work in time to run him all week is a factor as a single parent. And in response.....yes, he tells me he has every intention of going professional!! Hey, you never know...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 AM

Depends on time of day and what area of Chapel Hill. From the northern part of Chapel Hill (i.e. Harris Teeter North, where I always shop) it takes me about 7 to 10 minutes. To Meadowmont takes me about 15 to 20, unless it's rush hour on Hwy 54. :0

Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 AM

I believe Booker Creek road to be on the north side of CH. So that should be to my befefit. Looking at Booker Creek Townhomes (rentals) have you heard of these? No time to make a trip down first to check out thoroughly

Old 01-14-2008, 09:53 AM

Booker Creek is generally a good area, but not familiar with the townhomes. Easy access to much from there. And yes--not to far from H'boro either. Should take you about 20 minutes (only b/c of traffic). Now that I think about it tho--your son is 13? He'll be playing out in the Schley (pronounced sch-lie) community (where the older kids' fields are until they get more town land to develop for ballfields), which is going to be a haul for you! It's north of Hillsborough by about 20 minutes...in that means at least 40 minutes for you. Back to the drawing board!

Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Both Carrboro and Chapel Hill have their own youth baseball programs...

From what I have heard through friends with kids in the programs is that the Carrboro program is better...

Both programs fill up fast and you have to sign up the day they open, you also have to be a resident already in order to sign up....

Good Luck

Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM

WOW--40 minutes may not work. I think I may check out carrboro first...or both. I will get online for some phone numbers. Hey, thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:24 PM

Yes--all of them fill up quick. I don't know anything about Carrboro's program (they didn't have anything going when we lived there for that age). Chapel Hill at the time didn't have much either, more focused on the Rainbow Soccer program which we did also. That's very well organized if you have a soccer player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary