Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 10:46 AM

386 posts, read 605,716 times

Advertisements

I know of a couple places in the area that have fireworks displays tonight - after the Durham Bulls game, downtown Raleigh and in Cary.

Which of these places would you go to? (assuming I can still get Durham Bulls tickets) and if downtown Raleigh where's the best place to view the fireworks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 10:53 AM

147 posts, read 541,747 times
I am going to this one today I think - https://www.facebook.com/AmmonsFarmA...ulyCelebration

It should be fun. I just moved here from Texas about a month ago. I am going to check this place out. I was going to belhaven but I think its going to be raining and don't want to drive all the way out there just for it to get cancelled

Old 07-04-2015, 12:49 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Chapel hill has a big one at kenan stadium.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:56 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
There are many places to go. All have their pros and cons. I guess it depends on where you are. FYI - last time I checked the Durham Bulls Game was sold out w/ standing room only tickets. Clayton has a big show tonight, and you can see the fireworks from the parking lot of Deep River Brewing. Also, town of knightdale has a large celebration with fireworks and 30 food trucks. Those are the two places I would go.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:11 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
All the cities have fireworks for 4th of July. I imagine the one in downtown Raleigh will be really nice, although I haven't ever been. I usually end up going to the ones at Brier Creek, which is nice and reasonably close to where I live.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM

147 posts, read 541,747 times
Hey guys, I ended up going to the Ammons Family Farm just outside Sanford...it really reminded me of home. Just park your car, walk down a country road and boom you are in this corn field where they are setting off fireworks. It was a pretty great time (although I wish the show had been longer) but definitely worth going to. Just for future reference.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:40 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
Thanks for the update. I can honestly say there are 2 events that you would have to tie me up and beat me with a stick unconscious to attend downtown. First is any of the food truck rodeos and second is the 4th of July. Two times that could be really good if things were done differently. I don't have the solutions but I keep myself out of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary