Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 08:18 AM

42 posts, read 45,978 times

Advertisements

Need nice, friendly, clean, children playing, bike riding, neighborhood... Hermitage park? Scottish Hills? Wyatt's Pond Road? Any other suggestions? I've tried reading through most of the posts and haven't found any zero'ing in on these
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 08:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
We have dozens of neighborhoods that are all the things you describe.

Which ones to recommend would depend on your budget, size of home you want, number of beds/baths, etc.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:39 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We have dozens of neighborhoods that are all the things you describe.

Which ones to recommend would depend on your budget, size of home you want, number of beds/baths, etc.
Yup.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:46 AM

662 posts, read 1,644,610 times
We used to live in Scottish Hills. It was very safe, quiet, and peaceful - lots of trees! There was Greenway trail access, which was nice for walks. There weren't any young kids on our street at the time, just older people. I remember wishing there were more sidewalks (not sure if there are any; there were none on our street), but always thought it would be a great place to raise kids. More and more people were updating their houses. I liked that that was the trend versus tearing down the old and building something new. The location is good for those working in RTP or Cary. When we sold we made a nice profit!

Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 AM

Budget is 1500-- these are the different neighborhoods we're going to look at single family rental houses... My daughter is 8 and goes outside on a Saturday morning, rides bike with her friends around the neighborhood... There are 4 little girls and 2 little boys within 5 houses, so we all take turns giving them water, fruit, veggies, entertaining, etc... Love that aspect which takes precedence in our relocation. We'e also looking at a house in Amberly and apex (on doves haven and Kingston grove)... I appreciate all your help!!! We are looking for at least 3 bedrooms and at least 1400 sq ft

Old 07-25-2015, 10:08 AM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCityLife View Post
Budget is 1500-- these are the different neighborhoods we're going to look at single family rental houses... My daughter is 8 and goes outside on a Saturday morning, rides bike with her friends around the neighborhood... There are 4 little girls and 2 little boys within 5 houses, so we all take turns giving them water, fruit, veggies, entertaining, etc... Love that aspect which takes precedence in our relocation. We'e also looking at a house in Amberly and apex (on doves haven and Kingston grove)... I appreciate all your help!!! We are looking for at least 3 bedrooms and at least 1400 sq ft
It is hard to predict what all of your neighbors will be like, no matter which neighborhood you choose.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:23 AM

I realize that... But where are there more kids??

Old 07-25-2015, 10:23 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,077 times
I live in a neighborhood that is contiguous with Scottish Hills and because it's a older area, there is a real mix of ages and while they are definitely some young families it's just chance if you end up near them or not. In Amerbly it's almost all families, so if this is very important to you then that might be a better bet so you can be certain kids are around. We got lucky because on our cul-de-sac there is another family with two kids (we have two) and then a family with one child. There were also two brothers who would come to play from a a block of so away. However, for Halloween, there is basically no trick-or-treating, so you really get the feeling there are zero kids at that time. Our kids just go out with friends in their newer neighborhoods that have lots of kids.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:24 AM

I realize that unccg but I'm wondering where there's more kids,. People in the area usually know what streets you'll find older couples or younger couples without kids are younger families that that sort of thing... Thank you so much jgb

Old 07-25-2015, 10:30 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,077 times
If you are talking about Cary, as a very general rule, the newer the neighborhood the more kids it will have. This is because they are still building a lot in Cary so young families tend to buy new homes. In other more established towns such as Chapel Hill, younger families will infill established neighborhoods at a higher rate.

There are always exceptions, and my family is one as we are a young family that moved into an old neighborhood in Cary, but for Cary, I think this general rule will hold. Apex and Morrisville could be considered an extension of Cary in this case. For Raleigh and Durham, it would be more complicated, again because of the more established nature of some parts of town, but if you want kids in Cary, Apex, Morrisville, just go to a new neighborhood. Those will also have more community feel regarding kids .. we like our kids to have people to play with but don't want the whole family "scene" and like a lot of privacy so the older neighborhood is good for us. I can imagine some people thinking it's pretty boring where we live though

Edit to add: when my husband and I drove through Amberly on a nice summer the day the pool was insanely full with families having fun. It was a worst nightmare for me and my husband. He is introvert and I am not a typical mom in many ways. LOL. And I don't say that to disparage Amerbly. It was not definitely not for us!! I could be great for you though because it looked like Disney World every day over there! People were having a lot of fun.

Last edited by jgb; 07-25-2015 at 10:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary