Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:41 PM

288 posts, read 413,822 times

Advertisements

Well, Babylon just cancelled my reservation. Apparently they only do brunch on Sundays now.
Also, Humble Pie and many others on this list (and almost anything I looked up that was interesting) closes at 2ish.

This is crazy!

Any other good recommendations for a nice date setting without outdoor seating that is open on Sundays?

I am new to the area, and I have never lived anywhere where everything is closed for dinner on Sundays.
Is this a Raleigh thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 09:01 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnb View Post
Well, Babylon just cancelled my reservation. Apparently they only do brunch on Sundays now.
Also, Humble Pie and many others on this list (and almost anything I looked up that was interesting) closes at 2ish.

This is crazy!

Any other good recommendations for a nice date setting without outdoor seating that is open on Sundays?

I am new to the area, and I have never lived anywhere where everything is closed for dinner on Sundays.
Is this a Raleigh thing?
I'm tellin' ya, Lucky 32. We first dined there on a Sunday evening so that's not a problem.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I'm tellin' ya, Lucky 32. We first dined there on a Sunday evening so that's not a problem.
Maybe I'm being picky, but that looks like it's in an industrial/hotel etc. area. Just not really the atmosphere I'm looking for for something outside.

Again, I'm new to the area. Was looking forward to going to something in a unique place.
I assumed Raleigh would have plenty of that...but I didn't think of Sundays being an issue.

Unfortunately it's really the only day me and her can do :/

Old 08-30-2015, 01:14 PM

369 posts, read 460,125 times
Joule has outdoor seating and is open until 10 on Sundays

Sample menu: Dinner | Joule Coffee & Table | Ashley Christensen Restaurants

Old 08-30-2015, 03:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm being picky, but that looks like it's in an industrial/hotel etc. area. Just not really the atmosphere I'm looking for for something outside.

Again, I'm new to the area. Was looking forward to going to something in a unique place.
I assumed Raleigh would have plenty of that...but I didn't think of Sundays being an issue.

Unfortunately it's really the only day me and her can do :/

You are correct. they do have good food there, but they have the ambiance of a TGIFridays with a facelift. (Really good food, just zero ambiance)

Old 08-30-2015, 09:08 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
I think your issue is apparently most restaurants downtown are closed for dinner. I didn't realize it either but it's only semi surprising to me. I like the outside seating for Gonza Taco and Tequila and the inside is super cool , TBH it's in a strip mall but the decor and ambiance take you to Mexico or SoCal for the evening. It's way way up North Raleigh though. What about that Raleigh Beer Garden or the new Carolina Ale house on Glenwood. Aren't they supposed to have rooftop seating?

I just realized that I'm probably too late to the conversation. Oh well..OP definitely let us know where you went and how it worked out. We're nosey on here.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Thanks again for the help!
We ended up going to Buku. It was pretty good!
Not 100% what I was looking for, but it's my fault for not realizing the majority of Raleigh restaurants are closed on Sundays.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:28 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
Quote:
Thanks again for the help!
We ended up going to Buku. It was pretty good!
Not 100% what I was looking for, but it's my fault for not realizing the majority of Raleigh restaurants are closed on Sundays.
I would say only the majority of downtown Raleigh restaurants are closed on Sunday. Outside of there almost everything is open with the exception of Chick-fil-a.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary