Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:20 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearEyes650 View Post
Best BBQ/chicken etc. can be found east of I-95 at Wilber's and Parkers. Welcome to the center of the college basketball universe. :-P
Yes! Plus Pete Jones in Ayden...my personal favorite. I reckon my first trip to Parker's must have been around 1956
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 12:47 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,379,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearEyes650 View Post
Best BBQ/chicken etc. can be found east of I-95 at Wilber's and Parkers. Welcome to the center of the college basketball universe. :-P
Wilbers yes, Parkers...a big no. They don't cook with wood, which means it ain't real bbq.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:55 PM

5,882 posts, read 6,950,861 times
I think we can cross one thing off the list for the OP - arguing about BBQ!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:53 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,891 times
I'm going to have to check this Smokeys place out. Love me some brisket. The only restaurant brisket I've liked was Holy Smokes before they closed down. They were in a cute silver dining cart and their sauce was phenomenal(like a NC and TN mix) but it was in a horrible location and were unfortunately closed before Raleighs culinary awakening.

I can't help but wish that Smokeys might be the previous owners. I mean the name is pretty similar, it could happen......

Edited: Glad I'm not going today,website says the smoker broke and is being repaired asap but NO BBQ FOR YOU!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:56 PM

873 posts, read 1,016,648 times
Getting back to recreational opportunities, Jordan Lake is a great bet for fishing, boating, camping, swimming (if you're adventurous) and communing with nature. Just be prepared for big crowds at certain parts on beautiful days during the spring through fall. I'd also recommend Morehead Planetarium as a fun diversion for children and adults in Chapel Hill.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
Getting back to recreational opportunities, Jordan Lake is a great bet for fishing, boating, camping, swimming (if you're adventurous) and communing with nature. Just be prepared for big crowds at certain parts on beautiful days during the spring through fall. I'd also recommend Morehead Planetarium as a fun diversion for children and adults in Chapel Hill.
In NC BBQ is a recreational activity.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:23 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,529 times
If you guys are into biking, jogging, walking, or just enjoying the outdoors (rivers/creeks/wildlife/etc) than be sure to check out the Capital Area Greenway Trails.
https://www.raleighnc.gov/parks/cont...ailSystem.html
You talk about tax money being well spent, these trails are a gem and provide one with unlimited opportunity to get out and see nature, and at the same time get you moving.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:48 PM

610 posts, read 746,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Any chance you went on a bad day or close to closing?
It wasn't very busy when I went and it wasn't close to closing time.

As I said, it was an unpleasant surprise. The ribs were really bad. It's too bad because I live close to it and I get a kick out of the decor.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 PM

5,882 posts, read 6,950,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I can't help but wish that Smokeys might be the previous owners. I mean the name is pretty similar, it could happen......
After it was the Deli Box for years, I think the folks that opened the BBQ place were a couple of ex-Nortel guys.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
After it was the Deli Box for years, I think the folks that opened the BBQ place were a couple of ex-Nortel guys.
There's definitely no shortage of them,spoken by a daughter of an ex Nortel employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary