Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 01:49 PM

72 posts, read 79,994 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We will be beginning our home purchase process in Wake County very soon and would like any Home Inspector recommendations.

Prefer an inspector that is okay going to the house with our Realtor and not having us in person.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 02:14 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
first, your qualified Realtor should be able to make recommendations. And if they're new, then they should know experienced folks in their office that can make a recommendation. Have you chosen your Realtor, and signed an agency agreement with them yet?

Any inspector is usually OK with you not being there, but unless you're out-of-state Buyers, making SOME time for being at the house with the inspector and you is pretty important in any resale transaction. Most inspectors will, on-site, tell you what is a problem, and what is on the report but not really a problem. But in writing all they can do is report them all as "equal" problems/observations.

The troubles I see - as a long-serving Realtor - is when the buyer doesn't attend, and either the agent also doesn't, or the agent doesn't have enough experience to understand what is a problem, and isn't a problem.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,065 times
Scott Fuller is fantastic. Found a gas leak and some other big stuff during my 1 year inspection that my pre-closing inspector missed. He also checks for roof issues with a drone. Found one on mine that could have cost me big time down the road. I and many of my neighbors cannot recommend him enough on our local Nextdoor community. He’s a structural wonk and extremely detail oriented.

Scott Fuller Home Inspection Services-Welcome Page

Old 05-01-2018, 04:11 PM

72 posts, read 79,994 times
Yes, we do have a signed agreement with a Realtor to act as our Buyer's agent.

Also, I prefer to have many options and not just the company my Realtor is most familiar with.

Yes, we are out of state buyers with a limited ability to keep flying into NC over the next few weeks (employers and their limits on vacation time).

Old 05-01-2018, 04:41 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryuji View Post
Yes, we do have a signed agreement with a Realtor to act as our Buyer's agent.

Also, I prefer to have many options and not just the company my Realtor is most familiar with.

Yes, we are out of state buyers with a limited ability to keep flying into NC over the next few weeks (employers and their limits on vacation time).
Talk to SheriffTruman right here on CD.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:25 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,342,401 times
We were happy with Gary Gentry.

Meet The Owner of Quality Residential Inspections

Old 09-13-2018, 08:27 AM

31 posts, read 28,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
first, your qualified Realtor should be able to make recommendations.
This is BS IMO

Even though I knew this myself, and the fact even a Buyer's Agent will never be on the Buyer's side (EVERYONE in the end just wants your $, right, faster the BA gets the house sold, sooner they get the next sucker, all for not doing a thing except show you listings.) I got rid of my BA after I saw she was only gushing over the good aspects of each place.

So to get you a pro's perspective on this, here you go...

Last edited by Yac; 11-27-2020 at 03:03 AM..

Old 09-13-2018, 08:28 AM

31 posts, read 28,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarAS View Post
Scott Fuller is fantastic. Found a gas leak and some other big stuff during my 1 year inspection that my pre-closing inspector missed. He also checks for roof issues with a drone. Found one on mine that could have cost me big time down the road. I and many of my neighbors cannot recommend him enough on our local Nextdoor community. He’s a structural wonk and extremely detail oriented.

Scott Fuller Home Inspection Services-Welcome Page
TY, I will give him a try

Old 09-13-2018, 08:38 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

The troubles I see - as a long-serving Realtor - is when the buyer doesn't attend, and either the agent also doesn't, or the agent doesn't have enough experience to understand what is a problem, and isn't a problem.
Bo, just as an FYI, Triangle MLS is cracking down hard on us now, as far as having homeowners there. It has always been the case technically, but they are now enforcing it with fines of $500, that the buyer can only be in the home, if their agent is there also.

I'd also say that if the buyer is there the entire time, it can potentially cause something to be missed as it can throw off a routine. Plus, honestly, much of the inspection is going to be pretty boring for them. It is probably better to come toward the end and go over any major items as you said.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Bo, just as an FYI, Triangle MLS is cracking down hard on us now, as far as having homeowners there. It has always been the case technically, but they are now enforcing it with fines of $500, that the buyer can only be in the home, if their agent is there also.

I'd also say that if the buyer is there the entire time, it can potentially cause something to be missed as it can throw off a routine. Plus, honestly, much of the inspection is going to be pretty boring for them. It is probably better to come toward the end and go over any major items as you said.
Triangle MLS is cracking down hard on us now, as far as having homeowners there. It has always been the case technically, but they are now enforcing it with fines of $500, that the buyer can only be in the home, if their agent is there also.

Yeah, somebody must have been busted, or a complaint filed.
Good.
Actually, the rule protects the inspector, who usually has no prior relationship with the buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary