Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by athithi View Post
Well, OP is moving from Orlando But very good suggestion. OP, please DM me and I'll be happy to share details of where you can find large swathes of desis. But yeah, you can't go wrong with Morrisville. Plenty of Indians. The bad roads, horrible traffic, and cramped housing will make you feel like you never left India :-p
LOL. My husband has a good many Indian coworkers who live in some of the more noisy areas around Morrisville and we've wondered if these areas might be quiet compared to Bangalore/Bengalrue.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:19 PM

211 posts, read 301,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
LOL. My husband has a good many Indian coworkers who live in some of the more noisy areas around Morrisville and we've wondered if these areas might be quiet compared to Bangalore/Bengalrue.
In all honesty, it doesn't even begin to compare Morrisville is a nice, safe pace and suffers only in comparison to Cary. The point I was trying to make, albeit facetiously, was that there are far more important things to consider in selecting a neighborhood than the ethnicity of people who populate it, wouldn't you agree?

Old 10-26-2015, 02:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
True. A public discussion forum is not the best place to ask this question either. OP should use personal networks to find a neighborhood that meets their needs. Perhaps there's some rationale for this request, but it's offensive and discriminatory to most reasonable people.
On one hand, I understand people asking where a certain group lives. I understand people want to be with people similar to them.

But. it is considered discriminatory by Fair Housing and that is why Realtors are not allowed to discuss it.

After all, how would anyone feel if someone posted, "I'd like to live in a neighborhood with white people"?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
In all honesty, it doesn't even begin to compare Morrisville is a nice, safe pace and suffers only in comparison to Cary. The point I was trying to make, albeit facetiously, was that there are far more important things to consider in selecting a neighborhood than the ethnicity of people who populate it, wouldn't you agree?
Oh, absolutely! I think people have congregated in Morrisville and parts of Cary to the proximity to RTP, good available housing, and the good schools.

I think, for example, many Indian people are drawn for those aforementioned qualities and the proximity to temples.

There's nothing wrong with that because there's a nice balance of desirable qualities that make these areas good choices.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Yeah. Really.
To wit:
Where do Indians get their pizza? Please don't say "Morrisville," unless you mean "Morrisville NY."

I.e., http://www.nypizzeriamorrisville.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary