Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

What grade levels are you licensed to teach?

Old 12-20-2015, 04:03 PM

4 posts, read 3,880 times
This is why I was asking "those in the know" - like other teachers/admin working in the Wake County system. They know the system with out tons of explanations.

pjnugget - they are teacher certifications (not admin - they are on a completely different pay scale and contract). All special areas are still considered TEACHERS. We too teach children, AND have to make it relevant to the curriculum. We are CERTIFIED K-12 in our areas. More required schooling for us - talk about highly qualified Middle school and high schools do not have "generalized" teachers like the elementary schools do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyThought View Post
This is why I was asking "those in the know" - like other teachers/admin working in the Wake County system. They know the system with out tons of explanations.

pjnugget - they are teacher certifications (not admin - they are on a completely different pay scale and contract). All special areas are still considered TEACHERS. We too teach children, AND have to make it relevant to the curriculum. We are CERTIFIED K-12 in our areas. More required schooling for us - talk about highly qualified Middle school and high schools do not have "generalized" teachers like the elementary schools do.
I see why you're struggling. You can't even keep a short thread on here polite without talking down to people who are trying to help.

Let me break it down. I used to teach. I went through teacher cert here (I'm a native), so I have known many WCPSS teachers over the years. I quit teaching and changed careers, but that's irrelevant.

My point being, you sound like you have a large variety of areas in which you say you are licensed to teach K-12.

If this is the case, your resume is bad, you come across poorly, and/or you're not focused in one area and it's putting people off.

How'd you wind up with K-12 in PE, SpEd, School Counselor...and with an Admin cert?

Do you have a Master's degree in Education? Are you National Board certified in any of those areas?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:05 AM

36 posts, read 380,581 times
I will add my two cents- Wake does have a lot of jobs, but your areas are not ones that I have seen people from outside the county get hired for very often. I have taught for 10 years here, and most admins have come up from teaching into administration in the county. Unless there is something spectacular in your background, there is no reason for the county to hire you over the many internal candidates they have that know the county and have contacts.
There are some new schools opening next year. I would focus on getting in as a PE teacher or counselor there if you can.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:51 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I see why you're struggling. You can't even keep a short thread on here polite without talking down to people who are trying to help.
This. There are people here who are in the position to help applicants looking for a position. And how you present yourself determines whether you come across as a person we don't want to let get away or someone we just move on past. Obviously, it's more important to choose excellent candidates than to help random strangers online.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 3,880 times
There are no words to respond to such statements that I am reading.

Those that offered friendly words, thank you.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyThought View Post
There are no words to respond to such statements that I am reading.

Those that offered friendly words, thank you.
How about just answering people's questions when they offer to assist you?

Your attitude is likely a big part of what is keeping you from getting these positions you are seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary