Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:20 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I would buy a quality resale before I would spend similar money on any Lennar home in any zip code.
Is Lennar bad? Well, no-not bad. That is not the point. The point is that there are homes available at the same price point that offer markedly better quality for the same dollars spent. They happen to be 6-8-10 years old and they don't have the bling factor of the current Lennar product. What they do have is materials and build quality that trumps any tract builder.

Choose wisely. Do not be seduced by Espresso Cabinets, cheap engineered floors that look like hand scraped wood, and glass tile backsplashes. You can do all of that.
Espresso Cabinets are so yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:56 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
KHov has built a LOT of homes here over the years, with some good floor plans, and varying quality. Nothing special, certainly not better than Lennar, IMO.
You will have some plane noise in West Cary:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/vi...8.4935,35.9935

For your commutes, child care, and overall convenience, I would think it better than Bella Casa.
You reckon?

The plane noise isn't so bad. On the up side, we decided that if one ever crashes on the house and we survive, there will be decent insurance payouts.

Lemons, lemonade.

LOL.

In all seriousness, that K Hov piece of land looks rather nice. I'm not a K Hov fan, but I'm admittedly not a tract fan. It's worth a look given the OP's criteria.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:41 PM

117 posts, read 140,476 times
Just drove by the Indian Wells land the other day - the entry road is paved and the land is cleared, but that's about it. I am sure there is sewer and other lines in, but the lots are nowhere near ready for delivery.

Plane noise is what you choose to tolerate/not. You'll deal with it anywhere around there. If you are looking at Indian Wells, that must mean that your budget is 500-550k.

I just got a note from the sales manager saying they start in the 480s, so with a production builder like KHov, I think there's no way to get out of there for under 500k.

If that's your price range, you have a ton of options open to you. If your range is more like 400k, then I think you'll need to look at other neighborhoods. There are some sub-500 homes in the section of Cameron Pond north of CFS.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM

115 posts, read 135,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Is Apex really that much less expensive than Cary? I didn't see that when we were hunting, unless you're looking in the southern areas down near the end of 540. We also weren't buying new construction.
Cary is much larger, so there's a wider range of housing price point choices.

But Apex is not cheaper, especially if you are talking new construction. Almost all the new construction going on in Apex are 400k+ homes.

And last year the median income in Apex passed up Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary