Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:37 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times

Advertisements

I raised my children in the Stonehenge area off Creedmoor Rd in Raleigh. I loved it, and still so. The homes in that area though some dated still are very desirable, and the area is convenient to 540, 40, downtown, RTP, really pretty much anywhere. Homes don't stay on the market in that area at all. I have another handful of clients looking in that area again. Multiple offers is what I am seeing still in that general area. That is a good thing for resale, another thing you need to think of when purchasing. Several subdivisions in and around that general area could work well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 01:58 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Moved to North Raleigh almost 20 years ago, and haven't found anything wrong with it yet.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
I would rather have "cookie-cutter" if the layout was what I like and I like the look of it, rather than have a very unique home which has a floorplan I do not like and is butt ugly. I always think it is best to factor in location for daily living/entertainment and a proper floorplan for your own needs/wants.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:40 PM

20 posts, read 109,994 times
I certainly intend to, as many suggest, do what's right for my family regardless of what others say. I suppose I'm asking simply because I don't know enough about the area to know whether it is right for my family. I currently live in Chicago, and need to make a decision soon. We visited during the snow storm a few weeks back, but obviously didn't get a real sense of the area during that.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:25 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,592,274 times
Nothing wrong with North Raleigh - there are different areas for different people. North Raleigh isn't my cup of tea right now but it might be later down the road.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:03 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
The only problem with North Raleigh is the traffic is much more than the other "suburbs." 540 is a constant stop and go with accidents galore on 540 westbound every weekday morning. Have spent a lot of time on Falls of Neuse Rd and Six Forks on mornings and afternoons around 4pm, and it is full of cars. I find Morrisville and Cary/Apex/Holly Springs easier to manage.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:11 PM

56 posts, read 63,459 times
To the OP I'd say no, nothings wrong with it, it's actually one of the more desired parts of the triangle area. A lot of the choice of where to live comes down to thought toward where you work now and where you might be working in the future. For me that could be anywhere, so I prefer to position myself driving east-to-west in the morning and vice versa in the evening to any given destination as much as possible.

15 minutes each way with the sun in my eyes is more nerve-wracking than 30 minutes with the sun to my back.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:13 AM

4,263 posts, read 4,715,503 times
Nothing is wrong with north Raleigh or "OTB" (outside the Beltline, the old name for I-440). In fact, only about 30% of Raleigh's population is ITB (inside the Beltline).

Old 02-09-2016, 07:26 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Nothing is wrong with north Raleigh or "OTB" (outside the Beltline, the old name for I-440). In fact, only about 30% of Raleigh's population is ITB (inside the Beltline).
I love explaining to my ITB friends that once 540 is done, more of us will be ITB!!!

North Raleigh is a very desirable area. VERY. Prices have gone up and most of the new neighborhoods (when builders can find land) are $500,000 and above.

I've lived here for over 40 years. About 6 of those years I lived in Cary (when Cary was simply a bedroom community). In many ways, the areas are the same but there are small differences that you'll pick up on when you start visiting. It seems like it is easier to delete areas that you don't like and end up with the area/town you do like.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:41 AM

20 posts, read 109,994 times
Thanks for all this input, it's very helpful. I work from home so I'm not worried about commuting, but my wife would need to be able to pop around to various studios in all parts of the city. In terms of N. Raleigh vs. Cary, is one more progressive/conservative than the other or are they essentially the same demographic? Thanks, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary