Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:18 PM

75 posts, read 253,575 times

Advertisements

Some anecdotal evidence to support the title of this thread. My family is in the process of selling our existing home (in Cary) and buying another existing home (in Cary). We listed in "preview / coming soon" two weeks prior to going live. The first day in preview, we got strong interest from a buyer who ultimately was the first one to tour the house when it went live. They put an offer in 3 hours later @ $10K over asking, which we accepted. While the house was still active, we had about 12 showings scheduled over the next two days (weekend).

On the other side, we are in the market and it is indeed pretty hot, depending on what you are looking for. We would tour a house one day, decide it's something we like, and a few hours later ask our agent to draw up an offer only to find out the house is recently under contract. This happened a few times. We were finally able to find a house we are happy with. So glad to be out of this market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 3,701 times
Thank you BoBromhal, will do!

Old 05-09-2016, 06:00 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,509,871 times
How do you see these "preview, coming soon" listings?

Old 05-09-2016, 06:32 PM

514 posts, read 603,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
It is a category under which we can search on MLS.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,921,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_Can View Post
I like the idea of accepting offers for a certain period of days! I will definitely talk to my agent about that since one of our fears is getting an offer right away and having to respond before others even get to see the house.
That would be an option I would like as a seller as well. Just make sure your agent does a great job in figuring out what the proper time period is for "your" market. That is one of those things where an experienced agent really makes a big difference. You want a period long enough to get you as many offers as possible and time to review them, but not so long as you start losing some of them because they decided to jump on other homes where they were able to get an accepted deal done that same day. A good agent will be able to help you with that. I am guessing your agent is going to decide somewhere between 3-5 days, but that is a guess and you know what that is worth.....LOL!

Old 05-10-2016, 07:22 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,425,308 times
Quote:
Hire a buyer agent. The MLS does not syndicate "no showings" status to any online sites. Your buyer agent can set you up in the system to receive alerts. The rule is if it's in the MLS as no showings it cannot be shown any prospective buyers until it goes active. Agents can put a home as coming soon, but withheld from MLS which allow showings and it to be sold. Those will be tougher to find since the advertising will be very limited.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,509,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Hire a buyer agent. The MLS does not syndicate "no showings" status to any online sites. Your buyer agent can set you up in the system to receive alerts. The rule is if it's in the MLS as no showings it cannot be shown any prospective buyers until it goes active. Agents can put a home as coming soon, but withheld from MLS which allow showings and it to be sold. Those will be tougher to find since the advertising will be very limited.
I have a buyer's agent; she hasn't mentioned any of these to me but I'll ask her about it. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2016, 05:02 PM

43,348 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Quote:
I have a buyer's agent; she hasn't mentioned any of these to me but I'll ask her about it. Thanks!
"Coming Soon" listings can be selected in MLS searches under "Withdrawn" Status, as "TMP-NO SHOWINGS."
They can be Coming Soon, just off the market for a period of time for personal reasons or home repairs, listings that will be Expiring soon, and no showings wanted, or any variety of reasons.
They are easy to add to any search, but one has to recognize that not all those properties are actual "Coming Soon" to be shown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary