Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 10:19 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,012,658 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip to visit friends in Chapel Hill. Thinking of bringing our dog, and wondering if there are any good doggie day cares in Chapel Hill or surrounding area? Thought it might be fun for her to play while we go out to lunch.

We currently live in the Charleston, SC area and the day cares here leave a LOT to be desired. Several dogs have died at a couple of them. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my dog at any of them.

So would want something with a good reputation, clean, enough staff, CPR-trained staff, high fences, where the dogs are let out to play and supervised properly, not kept shut in their "room" inside. If the day care is attached to a vet, even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 12:00 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,347,028 times
You could look at Green Beagle Lodge. I don't know what their situation is for a lunch time deal (not sure if you can just pop in for a couple of hours or if you have to do all day). It's pretty swank, with a 0º entry pool, multiple play yards, etc, and has the price to match.

There are also a lot of dog-friendly restaurants with outdoor seating in the area, too.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 AM

Thanks for the info PoppyDog.

Unfortunately our dog is not the type that would do well at outdoor restaurant seating. She's a hound - into everything...

Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 AM

You could take her to Weaver Street Market and get something to eat from the cafe there and eat outside. You'll see all kinds of dogs there including hounds. I have a pointer mix myself. Here's a thread with pictures: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...zz-brunch.html

There are other doggie daycares in the area, too, but I really am not an expert on them. I have been to Green Beagle and seen the facility and it is pretty swank. We haven't actually used it, but some friends board their dog there. We've got some dog parks in the area, too, if you just want to run off some steam.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM

333 posts, read 287,444 times
My dogs go to Pet Wagon in Durham regularly. It's very clean, very well run, and my dogs (a large active young dog and an elderly small dog) both love it.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:16 AM

Thanks, great suggestions. Dog park might be a good idea to get some energy out if it's not too hot.

Are the dog parks in Chapel Hill? Do you know how high the fences are? Only ask because our dog is a jumper and can scale a 4', possibly even 5' fence.

We have some dog parks here, but can't use them because the fences are only 4'.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:29 AM

There's a dog park at Southern Village Community Park. Not sure how high the fence is. I think 5 feet.

Town of Chapel Hill, NC : Dog Parks

You can see the fence in a picture on this page:

Carrboro residents meet at Meetup.com

The one at Southern Village is split into a small dog section and a large dog section.

There's also one at Anderson Park in Carrboro.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:26 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,606,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialidia View Post
My dogs go to Pet Wagon in Durham regularly. It's very clean, very well run, and my dogs (a large active young dog and an elderly small dog) both love it.
Mine too!

I am very, very picky about who takes care of my dog (because my dog can be moody) - Pet Wagon watches them very closely and separates them into groups appropriate by temperament and size. It's not in Chapel Hill but is on that side of Durham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary