Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 03:44 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,630 times

Advertisements

I am not looking to stir things up and no offense to the Boys in Blue, but I've seen a number of comments about "Cary Cops" - can someone enlighten me?

Is this due to the riff-raff coming into Cary from the dreaded northeast?

And is this limited to the Cary area, or are there other things or place to consider or be aware of?

Am sure you will get that that this and my other posts come with a grain of salt for the levity intended. No offense to people from the northeast or anywhere else.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:43 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
You'll have to be a little more specific. By saying "no offence", I'm assuming that these are not good things that you've heard. Have people commented that they they are incompetent? They unfairly target transplants from the northeast? They consume more donuts than the usual police force?

Old 05-29-2016, 05:24 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
What comments are you referring to?

Old 05-29-2016, 06:04 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
I'll third the above sentiments, no idea what you're talking about. Please elaborate.

There is a poster here who likes to post where CPD has their speed traps; overall, revenue generation via speed enforcement is big here in NC - bigger than it was where we lived in the dreaded northeast. You will quickly learn where those speed traps are, but maybe you can bust out your worldly persona and language skills and confuse them. They are just cops, after all.

Last edited by twingles; 05-29-2016 at 06:14 AM..

Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 AM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times
My few interactions with Cary Police have been very positive, with the possible exception of that feller who wrote me a speeding ticket on Walker Street in 1998.
Despite the unfortunate outcome of the enforcement proceeding, I have to say he was quite engaging, polite, and even empathetic in the execution of his sworn duties.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:19 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,940,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I am not looking to stir things up and no offense to the Boys in Blue, but I've seen a number of comments about "Cary Cops" - can someone enlighten me?

And is this limited to the Cary area, or are there other things or place to consider or be aware of?
Sounds like you're having an issue? Or just trolling? Anyway, if you can't do the time don't do the crime. No problems with CPD if your not a violator.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:07 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:

Am sure you will get that that this and my other posts come with a grain of salt for the levity intended. No offense to people from the northeast or anywhere else.
I'm a frequent purveyor of commentary on this forum (like those above) and have no idea what you're talking about. You're going to have to be less aloof and more specific if you want any answers. I've never heard anything but positive remarks regarding the CPD.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:24 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Quote:

Almost every complaint I've read posted about any police dept. is due to the poster breaking the law, getting a ticket for the violation, and is now upset about the fine.

"Those cops framed me! Don't they have anything better to do than hide their car behind bushes and catch speeders on a road that is safe to do 70 but those dang cops put up a speed limit sign that says 35."

Old 05-29-2016, 07:45 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,678,508 times
I've lived in Cary for 20 years. Never had an issue. I expected profiling when I drove a car that came from the factory with a huge wing and had a loud aftermarket exhaust but was never given a second glance.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:07 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,930 times
Lost too since it's not like lots of things happen crime wise in Cary where people would have much interaction with police other than seeing them grab a bite at a restaurant or speeding tickets, which maybe I'm getting lucky but it seems like they're really hesitant to give those out. Knock on wood, and I'll be driving the speed limit this week, but I know they had to see me speeding in many occasions(granted not a crazy amount over) and they have ignored me plenty of times, so interested in hearing what you heard too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary