Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:40 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times

Advertisements

I have never been in one of the townhomes at Stone Creek Village, but they are very attractive outside (as you can see) and the location is terrific. I think I'd gain about 20 pounds being so close to all that good food, though. I'm glad you like your happy with your purchase and that your Moderator cut: removed experience has been so positive.

Last edited by autumngal; 02-18-2008 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 05:29 PM

403 posts, read 353,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
I think I'd gain about 20 pounds being so close to all that good food, though.

LOL. I think that is happening to me now, especially since I discovered Kilwins. Man, that's good ice cream.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,376 times
We to had a great Moderator cut: removed experience in FL...but can't find a Centex home in our range that's single-family AND easy commute (less than 25min) to downtown (and eventually RTP). We saw some that were almost $500k, and a lot of townhoms, but we wanted something like what we had in FL--in the $300-400k range.

These homes look very pretty. Wish I could find a SFR in Cary or Morrisville like that

Last edited by autumngal; 02-18-2008 at 04:28 AM..

Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 PM

655 posts, read 916,994 times
These townhomes are indeed beautiful, I'll give ya that. However, perhaps is because I'm from Washington St. and Alaska that I still cannot fathom the idea of sharing a wall with my neighbor. My home in Cary sets about 20 feet to both of my neighbors, so they are close, but still this is 20 ft. Can you hear your neighbors through the walls, ever?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
LOL. I think that is happening to me now, especially since I discovered Kilwins. Man, that's good ice cream.
Yes, Kilwins is my biggest weakness over there too. My parents are from Northern Michigan where Kilwins started so I was ecstatic when they opened one here. My son (who is 3) cannont get enough Blue Moon ice cream (and luckily for me it doesn't stain!)

Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
These townhomes are indeed beautiful, I'll give ya that. However, perhaps is because I'm from Washington St. and Alaska that I still cannot fathom the idea of sharing a wall with my neighbor. My home in Cary sets about 20 feet to both of my neighbors, so they are close, but still this is 20 ft. Can you hear your neighbors through the walls, ever?

I was also concerned about sharing walls. We did not think we would be moving from our single family home to a townhouse because of that reason. Luckily, when we were looking at them I met my "to be" neighbor. We went to our common walls and started yelling and banging, to test the sound. We never heard anything. They use a double firewall in between which is quite effective deadning sound. That was what convinced me to go ahead and buy it.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM

38 posts, read 161,185 times
I have driven by that place. Looks very nice

Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Glad to have you in the general area. It is a great location -- the drive to where you are is a breeze from where I am in Carpenter Village, and I find the stores, shops, grocery stores, etc., a wonderful convenience.

Be careful around lunch time, however, as the kids from Green Hope like to drive up to the shopping center for lunch, and they are often in a hurry.

By the way, I looked at the town homes, and loved them, too, but my husband has a problem with sharing walls, and I haven't been able to convince him otherwise. As you get to know the areas around Cary, be sure to check out the town homes in MacGregor Downs -- called 'Balmoral,' I think. Loved them, too, but they started around $800,000 for roughly 3300 s/f, and hubby wouldn't consider that, either.

Oh well.

Welcome to NC.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Glad to have you in the general area. It is a great location -- the drive to where you are is a breeze from where I am in Carpenter Village, and I find the stores, shops, grocery stores, etc., a wonderful convenience.

Be careful around lunch time, however, as the kids from Green Hope like to drive up to the shopping center for lunch, and they are often in a hurry.

By the way, I looked at the town homes, and loved them, too, but my husband has a problem with sharing walls, and I haven't been able to convince him otherwise. As you get to know the areas around Cary, be sure to check out the town homes in MacGregor Downs -- called 'Balmoral,' I think. Loved them, too, but they started around $800,000 for roughly 3300 s/f, and hubby wouldn't consider that, either.

Oh well.

Welcome to NC.

Where is MacGregor Downs? I have heard if it, but do not know where it is.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default This is embarrassing

While I could get in my car, and get myself to MacGregor Downs, I am not sure I know the names of the roads to get you there -- if that makes sense. As I learn the general Cary areas, I do everything in terms of some of the major roads I know.

Take the Cary Parkway to Kildaire Farm Road, and at the intersection of Tryon Road (at Cary Wake Med) turn right. Go past several intersections, and on the right, you will see a stone entrance into the new section of MacGregor, and the beautiful English Tudor town homes called Balmoral. You can check them out, too, on the internet. I access them from a realtor's site.

As for my directions, perhaps someone here can clean them up for you, or I'll ask hubby for better ones this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary