Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,112,005 times

Advertisements

I think that's the company name. Anyone know anything about the company--workplace atmosphere, reputation, etc? And I heard a rumor they are constucting a new building--supposed to be very tall, with their name on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM

60 posts, read 185,757 times
Don't know much about the company but I posted this awile back.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ise-north.html

Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,112,005 times
Thanks for posting that link to your former thread. I linked to the article and found out it was the Soleil Center! There have been a few threads started about that building.

I asked my husband last night if the building was the Soleil Center; he said he didn't know. He just knew CapTrust was going to have their name on it. So is it no longer the Soleil Center?

He had been going back and forth futzing with his cover letter and resume for a job. Finally he gets off his you-know-what and just puts it together and sends it. Not 20 min later, his cell phone rings and it's the big cheese in charge who happened to be sitting at his desk waaay after hours (is that a good sign or a bad sign? LOL) and saw his email. Said they posted an ad about 3 weeks ago and got HUNDREDS of resumes. Culled through them, phone interviewed a bunch of people, cut down to a few people, brought them in for interviews and then finally were getting ready to extend an offer to someone. That offer is now on hold while they take my husband through the process so I guess Mr. Big Cheese was duly impressed with him--at least on paper.

BTW, for all we job-hunters from near and afar: I thought the "hundreds of resumes" response was rather telling. This was not just an everyday job. And it's a clear signal that the job market in the Triangle is now very competitive!

I have no idea where it's going to go from here, except maybe a good lesson to him not to keep futzing around with this stuff and just to SEND it!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 PM

60 posts, read 185,757 times
The link above is for an internet news paper for Raleigh. The article is old so when you click on the link above, it takes you to "The Raleigh Chronicle" and current stories. You need to scroll down and enter key word "North Hills". Then click on "17 story tower planned for Raleigh". That is the article that I was referring to.
The Soleil Center is a totally different project and location.

If your husband does land that job and gets to work at North Hills, he will be very happy. Great restaurants and bars. If you visit him during his lunch, you will enjoy the shopping in that area. Good luck to you and your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary